Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: C284e dead

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C284e dead

Re: C284e dead

I’m convinced this unit is possessed! Works perfect then suddenly won’t boot past second pillar! Shut off and come back a couple days later and back on just fine! Then again reboot and it is dead!

Ssd pattern test in service shows ng

any ideas?

Technician

Problem
    MFP may stop at 2 bars, 4 bars or KM logo.

Solution
    CAUSE: Poor communication between MFPB and other components "Finisher, Network and fax cables, DSIPB, HDD and PRCB".

SOLUTION: Please perform the following steps.
    1. Start with disconnecting the following components from MFP "Finisher, Network, fax cables and HDD" and see if machine can take the latest firmware.
    2. Disconnect the Printer control board (PRCB) from MFP board (MFPB) (PJ03 on MFPB or CN41 on PRCB) as well as the Dual scan image process board (DSIPB) and see if the machine will boot.
    3. If the MFP boots, you can get into service mode by pressing on "Menu" button to bypass the error code screen then touch "Counter" to enter Service Mode and check for trouble codes to help troubleshoot.
    4. To access service mode touch Counter-> Display Keypad then enter Stop00 Stop01-> Enter CE Password (default 9272 4x).
    5. If the machine boots, reattach all the components that were previously disconnected to see which one causes the issue.

Technical Notes
    All that is required to boot the MFP board is the display, touchscreen, SSD board, memory, and power.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts mjunkaged's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Dude pull out a tray get on your ass and have a look in there. Try opening a parts manual.
    Yea, I'm old and it HURTS when I do it but I still do it!!!!!

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    C284e dead

Quote Originally Posted by mrfuser View Post
    I’m convinced this unit is possessed! Works perfect then suddenly won’t boot past second pillar! Shut off and come back a couple days later and back on just fine! Then again reboot and it is dead!

Ssd pattern test in service shows ng

any ideas?
    Go into service mode and check the level on the SSD. If it isn't at 6.05 you will need the recovery firmware. If that doesn't work you may need a new SSD board.