Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    sstiles

C-2202 KM BizHub 1052

I have a persistent C-2202 Developing Motor M3 Speed abnormality. I replaced the entire developer unit because it felt like it was binding and that remedied the issue for a couple thousand copies. The error returned and I replaced M3 and the error persists. I cleaned the old developer unit and put new developer in it and the error persists. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: C-2202 KM BizHub 1052

Are you watching the motor with rear cover off? What happen if you run it from I/O test mode.
    It works with a feedback system from the hall effect sensors in the the motor. If that motor runs up to speed and still errors out the PCRB is your next move.
    Does it feel stiff if you rotate the motor by hand?
    Check the 24V on the motor connector.
    Look for damage to the PCRB and harness also if one wire is grounded with a screw.

Can't find ICP for M3 in ICP list.
    Whatever

Hi what was your last solution to this I have a 6120 with the same issue

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    C-2202 KM BizHub 1052

Here is something to look at

C-2202 Motor Abnormality

Known Error
    ID: KBA01200907
    Related Products:bizhub PRESS 1250,bizhub PRESS 1052,bizhub PRESS 1250P,bizhub PRO 951
    Related Options:

Error
    C-2202 during copying or printing. Developer falls onto transfer belt and builds up in middle of developer brush and toner recycling roller

Root Cause
    Bottom edge of mixing unit below developer brush and toner recycling roller may have been slightly bowed upwards in the middle during packing or installation. Refer to illustration below.

Workaround/Fix
    Remove any developer from gathering area in the middle of the developer brush and the toner recycling roller (long metal rod below the brush). Follow the steps below.
    1. Clean and the area.
    2. Reform the bottom edge of mixing unit below the developer brush applying downward pressure (area inside the edge of the lip just below the brush). Also check the mylar in the area to ensure it is straight and not bowed upward, if so apply slight pressure to correct the bow.
    3. Install new developer.

Technical Notes
    Be careful not to loosen the end seals.

Thumbs up Re: C-2202 KM BizHub 1052

I cleaned all spilled developer and replaced the developing unit and developers , machine is working ok,

Thanks you all