Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub 361 CD203 error.

Re: Bizhub 361 CD203 error.

Error Related Products:bizhub 501,bizhub 361,bizhub 421
    C-D203 at power ON and the code may not reset.

Root Cause
    1. The OACB (Overall Control Board) has failed.
    2. A poor connection between the scanner drive motor and PWB-SDB.

Workaround/Fix
    1. Before replacing the OACB, reseat the and Memory on board connections. If the issue is still unresolved, replace the OACB (p/n A0R5 H010 06).
    2. Reseat CN62 on PWB-SDB. If the problem persists, replace PWB-SDB (p/n 50GA -905 0).
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts mjunkaged's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    Error Related Products:bizhub 501,bizhub 361,bizhub 421
    C-D203 at power ON and the code may not reset.

Root Cause
    1. The OACB (Overall Control Board) has failed.
    2. A poor connection between the scanner drive motor and PWB-SDB.

Workaround/Fix
    1. Before replacing the OACB, reseat the and Memory on board connections. If the issue is still unresolved, replace the OACB (p/n A0R5 H010 06).
    2. Reseat CN62 on PWB-SDB. If the problem persists, replace PWB-SDB (p/n 50GA -905 0).
    I did number one, it was in the SM. 2. was not in the manual, I will check that as well.

Re: Bizhub 361 CD203 error.GONE.....but.....of course....NOW need to do TCR

Hey all:
    SO, I went back today, and sure enough, I could not get the 'please wait CD203' to go away or allow me to access Svc. Menu functions (only the screen, and stop 0 c functions) even after trying different OACB, NRB, etc.

AFTER I replaced feed motor and PRCB, now I HAVE ACCESS TO ALL SVC. MENU FUNCTIONS on BOTH OACB's!!! Please wait is a few seconds. I had to clear all counters, as backup had never been turned on (you can backup counter data on this model to CF card but have to turn it on at least one time slot per day).
    Then, I was able to recover the corrupt firmware AND NRB (didn't see that one coming, my last bad nrb stayed bad-blown) by using my trusty USB firmware.

So, hopefully, I can put in new developer and adjust TCR when it arrives (MUST BE DONE any time counter is corrupted/erased), and re-setup all the time/date, network, machine adjustments, etc. etc. and finish the repair. I'll post again when (Hopefully not 'if') it's done.
    Thanks to you guys that helped during the holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Meaning that you know what to do when you replace these boards. Understand its currently a brick.
    Yeah, I seem to have a talent for 'bricking' this series machine, and from what I've read, some like to randomly down themselves with errors.
    FYI, default setting on these is to NOT set a regular backup of NRB counter data to CF card, but I'd suggest if you have any 361/421/501 series that you want to NOT lose all counters then turn it on!! Too late for me and my machines, I didn't even know that was an option/might be an issue until I pored over the manual 4 or 5 times just this past couple weeks! But, if you ever want to 'zero' your electronic counters........just have spare boards/mem/NRB on hand!!

Things I've learned:

1. NEVER unplug the NRB from OACB until after power has been removed for at least ONE MINUTE!! Yes, I did that once.
    You'll sometimes need to get a replacement NRB sent from Kon-Min to fix the unit if your used ones won't work.

2. Pretty much any time you have covers off, no matter how busy you are, better unplug the machine, or at least SW2 OFF. These things are SO touchy, I think it may be susceptible to static discharge in places you'd never imagine, like way down by a motor harness?? In other words, you don't have to touch the boards, just anything wired to them!!

3. BTW, NRB replacement wipes ALL your setup settings, and not sure if the above mentioned backup works for only counters or machine settings as well....anyone???? I did try a recovery from the working counter data in the swapped NRB but it was a FAIL.

I would have given up a lot sooner and replaced it wit a used 363 machine.
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    I would have given up a lot sooner and replaced it wit a used 363 machine.
    If I'd had one to sell, and my customer wanted to drop a few grand on it, that would have been sweet! I STILL would have wanted to fix the 361, it's just hitting 400k, a baby!!

A colic baby
    Whatever

Follow-up. It is fixed.......but>>>>>>>>>>help?

SO:

I replaced developer, ran TCR, all good except, someone or something has changed web AND admin touch password to something we (me, customer, IT) don't know or want.
    AND when I try to perform admin password clear, it appears to work, but then still can't enter the default 12345678 at touch panel.
    I need to log in so I can set the time and date, and S ZERO C just ain't working any longer. This same machine has had passwords changed by NOBODY KNOWS WHO 3 times (over a few years) before it turned into a brick a couple weeks ago. I was always able to set both back to default before, and then re-enter what I wanted web pw to be.

Also, an interesting 'glitch' : when I go into the 'set admin password' screen after clearing it, the screen seems to allow me to enter 12345678, but then when I press end, cancel, or ANYTHING, screen appears frozen, and I have to reboot with main SW.

I also get orange blinking light under lift handle of ADF (status lights front of scanner), I've gotta look up what that means in SM again.

ALSO STRANGE: before it finishes booting to 'ready to copy' I get a screen saying license management error, and I can press close but it continues to say it under the 'ready to copy' .
    I need clean new firmware, not sure but I think what I have may be old or corrupted or worse!
    Good news is, it now prints, copies, scans like it did before, and I didn't need to restore any machine settings except paper size for LCT on the bottom off A4 and back to LT.

Had the exact same issue with a B601 in the past. Also after playing with the CF-card and firmware.
    Not sure how i fixed but got it fixed. Think it happens if you just copy the CF-card data without using the CF-card recovery procedure.
    Search the forum for "license management error" its a simple crack where you temperately change the serial number for a serial with a known reset code.
    Whatever

OK for clarity, if you have a problem with "License management error" in _ANY_ machine type, please follow procedure below.

1. Go to the service mode and change machine serial number to A0R6021006374 (must be uppercase)
    2. Reboot the machine (turn off/on main power switch)
    3. Go again to the service mode, then [STOP]->[9], then [License Management]->[Initialize]
    4. Use following initialization code: 2VRA4-UGGA2-Z2H4K-7AVUH-F58SW-J2Z7U-QVKVK
    5. Reboot machine again
    6. One more time go to service mode and set back your original serial number
    7. Last reboot, and you should have no error

ANY means:
    Bizhub 421/501
    Bizhub 601/751
    Bizhub 223/283/363/423
    Bizhub 552/652
    Bizhub 224e/284e/364e
    Bizhub C203/C253/C353
    Bizhub C220/C280/C360
    Bizhub C224/C284/C364 also 'e'
    Bizhub C454/C554 also 'e'
    and so on...