Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    magicolor 1680MF "Caution  Process Error - Belt  Clear By Cover"

    KapeKopyTek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Masssachusetts
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    17

    magicolor 1680MF "Caution Process Error - Belt Clear By Cover"

    This little gem has 11669 prints, was dropped off at the shop for evaluation, was "working intermittently". When powered up, I get this above mentioned error message. The scanner goes to home position ok, so that seems to be free. Nothing in the manuals referring to this message, and the only solutions online are to reboot, which does not clear the problem on this particular machine. Anyone seen/resolved this before? Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Aging Tech 1,000+ Posts
    magicolor 1680MF "Caution  Process Error - Belt  Clear By Cover"

    copier addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Desboro
    Posts
    2,071
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: magicolor 1680MF "Caution Process Error - Belt Clear By Cover"

    Quote Originally Posted by KapeKopyTek View Post
    This little gem has 11669 prints, was dropped off at the shop for evaluation, was "working intermittently". When powered up, I get this above mentioned error message. The scanner goes to home position ok, so that seems to be free. Nothing in the manuals referring to this message, and the only solutions online are to reboot, which does not clear the problem on this particular machine. Anyone seen/resolved this before? Thanks in advance.

    From the service manual:


    PROCESS ERROR-xxx
    CLEAR BY COVER
    A process error occurred in the
    machine
    . Open and close the front cover.
    Check the toner cartridge (C) or
    toner cartridge (K).
    Replace the imaging cartridge.
    Reinstall the high voltage unit.

  3. #3
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts mjunkaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    334
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: magicolor 1680MF "Caution Process Error - Belt Clear By Cover"

    IF you have a used or new image cartridge from the same model series, it may be worth trying to swap that. The belt mentioned in the message is inside of that cartridge you pull out of the machine to remove jams.
    I own a 1690, these machines sold NEW with toner for 220 dollars with free shipping at one site.

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    magicolor 1680MF "Caution  Process Error - Belt  Clear By Cover"

    KapeKopyTek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Masssachusetts
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: magicolor 1680MF "Caution Process Error - Belt Clear By Cover"

    Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    From the service manual:


    PROCESS ERROR-xxx
    CLEAR BY COVER
    A process error occurred in the
    machine
    . Open and close the front cover.
    Check the toner cartridge (C) or
    toner cartridge (K).
    Replace the imaging cartridge.
    Reinstall the high voltage unit.
    Dang, guess I need to brush up on my manual searches. Thank you. The K toner is down to 8% and there is the hint of a void down the middle of the page. New K toner and imaging unit should do the trick then. Cheers!

  5. #5
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    magicolor 1680MF "Caution  Process Error - Belt  Clear By Cover"

    KapeKopyTek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Masssachusetts
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: magicolor 1680MF "Caution Process Error - Belt Clear By Cover"

    Quote Originally Posted by mjunkaged View Post
    IF you have a used or new image cartridge from the same model series, it may be worth trying to swap that. The belt mentioned in the message is inside of that cartridge you pull out of the machine to remove jams.
    I own a 1690, these machines sold NEW with toner for 220 dollars with free shipping at one site.
    We don't have any kicking around, but thanks. Cheers!

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts mjunkaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    334
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: magicolor 1680MF "Caution Process Error - Belt Clear By Cover"

    I hope you try toner first then belt, I'm curious if it was just low toner, or if Image unit (belt) is at fault.
    Can you post a follow up?

  7. #7
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    magicolor 1680MF "Caution  Process Error - Belt  Clear By Cover"

    KapeKopyTek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Masssachusetts
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: magicolor 1680MF "Caution Process Error - Belt Clear By Cover"

    Quote Originally Posted by mjunkaged View Post
    I hope you try toner first then belt, I'm curious if it was just low toner, or if Image unit (belt) is at fault.
    Can you post a follow up?
    I will try, I have to contact the customer and give him pricing, not sure if he wants to put any money into it at all. He's getting an evaluation at no charge.

  8. #8
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts mjunkaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    334
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: magicolor 1680MF "Caution Process Error - Belt Clear By Cover"

    Maybe a parts machine for you.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •