Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts time2fly's Avatar
    I have recently found out that it is a must to do a low level format to a used drive making sure it is formatted with data in all 0's. This is what a new drive look's like when you look at the data. Here are two links for some really good formatting software:
    Active@ Kill Disk Hard Drive Eraser. Low Level Format. and HDDGURU: Laptop and Desktop Hard Disk Drives, Tests, Software, Firmware, Tools, Data Recovery, HDD Repair. Good Stuff. I've found that it's getting hard to find 20,40,60, and 80 GIG drives new let alone new ones so this is a great alternative.

Mark Gogos

X3e Controller Card

Hi
    I live in South Africa. First time poster, so please be gentle!

I'm not a copier techy, but I manage a print shop and we have a CF3102 that we have been using for the past 4 years.

Our problem is that apparently our Fiery X3e controller card has blown or stopped working due to a power failure.

At first our local KM guys thought it was merely the HD that went, but when they put a new one in, they still could not load the software and therefore came to the conclusion that it was the card that was faulty.

Does anyone here know if that could be the case, or if the problem is repairable? If so, how does one go about replacing the controller card? Or do we have to replace the whole Fiery?

We have been told it cannot be repaired and that the Fierys are no longer available. The cost of a new Fiery that they could find is almost the same as the value of the machine!

Any ideas?

Thank you

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Bizhub CF3102 Fiery X3E

Well my fiery experience tells me that IF they replaced the hdd and IF they attempted to reload sys software via the parallel port (IIRC) and they couldn't download it for some reason or another (requires the correct type of par cable and software as well, takes FOREVER to do!) (Positively assuming that it was all done in the correct manner) then the fiery may be toast.. they (typically) are an all in one board (for the embedded ones anyway). And if any "component" say nic card, goes then the fiery may well be done, especially if the nic is part of the main board (in my example)..

Regards!
    A.

Mark Gogos
    Quote Originally Posted by copytechman View Post
    Well my fiery experience tells me that IF they replaced the hdd and IF they attempted to reload sys software via the parallel port (IIRC) and they couldn't download it for some reason or another (requires the correct type of par cable and software as well, takes FOREVER to do!) (Positively assuming that it was all done in the correct manner) then the fiery may be toast.. they (typically) are an all in one board (for the embedded ones anyway). And if any "component" say nic card, goes then the fiery may well be done, especially if the nic is part of the main board (in my example)..

Regards!
    A.
    Thanks for your quick response. Wasn't the answer I was hoping for, but what can you do??

We have decided to send the 3102 back, as it has just reached the end of its lease period and should be getting a new 6501 next week. The 3102 served us very well, clocking in at just over 700k copies. Would love to keep it as a spare, but without a Fiery, it is useless to us and availability of parts has become an issue too.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Bizhub CF3102 Fiery X3E

True nuf! Good luck!

Regards! A.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts time2fly's Avatar
    If you're looking at color I would look at Canon iRC series or Panasonic C series They are much more reliable than KM better built and better image. I've worked on all 3, and found that Canon are probably built the best alot of R&D goes into there copiers as is the same with other brands I'm sure. Panasonic's color copiers are built very well too, I 've setup and delivered maybe 20+ machines and very rarely do we have to go back for service other than a PM. Hope this helps, good luck.

Gustavo Castro

Cloning HD

You can use Acronis (like Leo says) or Norton Ghost both are the same.

bjharrington

Where can one find a good disk image?

Where can I download a good disk image to write to the new hard drive?

Thanks,
    BJ Harrington
    TS Distributors, Inc.
    Ornamental Metals, Access Controls, Gate Operators and Shop Supplies for the Metal Fabricator
    Houston, Texas