Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    C224 orange light flashing

Machine boots up normally to "ready to copy" screen, can access service mode, etc. but cannot do anything else like print test pages, format HDD, as long as start button blinks orange.

Haven't spent a lot of time on this machine yet but this is what I found so far. Upgraded customer and just got this back to shop.

Consumables set to NO stop in enhanced security mode. Drums are way past life and showing 0%. L-1, L-2, L-3, L4 warnings show if you touch oil can on display. Toner gauges show full but 3 toners are near empty.
    Will L codes cause machine to lock up? Don't recall ever seeing an L code on a C224.

Before I put 4 drums & 3 toners in this machine would like to know it will fix it. Might just keep it for parts instead.

Firmware up to date but installed successfully again.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by copyman; 01-06-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Re: C224 orange light flashing

Check that SW 51 is set to 0C and SW 55 F0. Had that a week after an SSD change.
    Whatever

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Machine boots up normally to "ready to copy" screen, can access service mode, etc. but cannot do anything else like print test pages, format HDD, as long as start button blinks orange.

Haven't spent a lot of time on this machine yet but this is what I found so far. Upgraded customer and just got this back to shop.

Consumables set to NO stop in enhanced security mode. Drums are way past life and showing 0%. L-1, L-2, L-3, L4 warnings show if you touch oil can on display. Toner gauges show full but 3 toners are near empty.
    Will L codes cause machine to lock up? Don't recall ever seeing an L code on a C224.

Hate to put 4 drums & 3 toners in this machine and still be locked up. Might just keep it for parts instead.

Firmware up to date but installed successfully again.

Thanks in advance
    After you fitted the drums did all the L warnings disappear?

Also in CE mode reset the ozone filter counter, you could also turn the life stop off & see what the machine is asking for, maybe fuser or transfer unit.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Thanks for the replies so far. For copier tech not sure what you mean when I fitted the drums, I have note replaced anything yet. Still original drums with 248k on them & L codes showing

Thanks for the replies so far. For copier tech not sure what you mean when I fitted the drums, I have not replaced anything yet. Still original drums with 248k on them and "L" codes showing.

I guess what I really want to know is if the machine will stop working with "L" codes?

Thanks for the replies so far. For copier tech not sure what you mean when I fitted the drums, I have not replaced anything yet. Still original drums with 248k on them and "L" codes showing.

I guess what I really want to know is if the machine will stop working with "L" codes?
    What did you mean by “Hate to put 4 drums & 3 toners in this machine and still be locked up. Might just keep it for parts instead.” ?

Sorry I worded it wrong. What I meant was "before" I put new drums and toner in. I changed it in original post.

By the way does anyone know if I do put new drums in to test and it don't work can I use the drums in another machine and will it still reset drum count?

Sorry I worded it wrong. What I meant was "before" I put new drums and toner in. I changed it in original post.

By the way does anyone know if I do put new drums in to test and it don't work can I use the drums in another machine and will it still reset drum count?
    The image unit life count is held in the drum chip, so you can use the IU as a test.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

There is a softswitch setting that allows you to test drums, fusers, etc. Without using this softswitch you will have to attach another drum chip because it will not clear the drum count on the machine you install it into next.

There is no inelegance on the these durms or dev tanks. Its not like the 452 and 352 machines.
    All depends if life stop has been set or not. That is why i do the soft switches 51 and 55 one to set no stop and the other to remove messages yes it works just fine with L-codes.

like in my previous reply set the switch 51 to 0C and 55 to F0 and if its been set set then back to 00 cycle the power and set them back to 0C and F0.

They are only warning codes not error codes. Chip them or change the SMD fuse on the existing chips.

The the question does the engine continue to run? It could have nothing to do with the life counters.
    Had a machine do that but could not keep up filling the waste box and never allowed me to use it.
    There is a difference between ready top accept a job and ready to do the job.
    Whatever