Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

Re: C224 orange light flashing

Do a new release on the belt and fuser. Even though set to no stop.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

Root Cause
    1. Poor connection or failure of memory module mounted on MFP board.
    2. A failed HDD.
    3. Firmware bug.
    4. Poor connection or failed Interface Cable. Also check these

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    C224 orange light flashing

Mystery solved

Friggin mice chewed the wires! Don't ask me why but something kept pushing me toward the mech counter. When I took the inside front covers off i immediately saw the mouse droppings and pee everywhere. Then I saw the counter wires were chewed completely through and several 5vdc chewed but not broken. Connected the counter wires to test and machine worked fine. Have some soldering and shrink tubing to do. First time I'm seeing damage from mice in a "4" series model. Apparently in this model the mice can use the front door to enter instead of sneaking in the back. Seems like only place they could get in was under front cover, control panel, toner/exit cover, & inside right front covers.

Not sure how the pictures below will come out. I always have trouble and had to resize them smaller.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by copyman; 01-07-2019 at 04:11 AM.

Well that will keep you busy. Also never saw mice in these machines before.

Not that the info is useful but you can put a small value resistor instead of the mech counter. Or even just short the wires out!
    Whatever

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    C224 orange light flashing

Re: Mystery solved

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Friggin mice chewed the wires! Don't ask me why but something kept pushing me toward the mech counter. When I took the inside front covers off i immediately saw the mouse droppings and pee everywhere. Then I saw the counter wires were chewed completely through and several 5vdc chewed but not broken. Connected the counter wires to test and machine worked fine. Have some soldering and shrink tubing to do. First time I'm seeing damage from mice in a "4" series model. Apparently in this model the mice can use the front door to enter instead of sneaking in the back. Seems like only place they could get in was under front cover, control panel, toner/exit cover, & inside right front covers.

Not sure how the pictures below will come out. I always have trouble and had to resize them smaller.
    Wow good find mice can get into the smallest of holes!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Mystery solved

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post

Wow man, that's good instinct or in other words years of repairing machines pay off
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.