Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

KONICA MINOLTA BIZHUB 4750 - roller transferring/repeating image on right side of sht

My Konica Minolta Bizhub 4750 has a roller somewhere that is tracking/repeating image on the right hand margin of every page. I would really like to find this and fix it. I can get around it by moving all type/images outside of that margin (minimum of 1.25" on the right side), but that often means reducing my copy and I would like to avoid doing this. I also cannot duplex things or it means a 1.25" margin on both sides and that's often too much.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KONICA MINOLTA BIZHUB 4750 - roller transferring/repeating image on right side of sht

Re: KONICA MINOLTA BIZHUB 4750 - roller transferring/repeating image on right side of

What interval does this pattern repeat at? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: KONICA MINOLTA BIZHUB 4750 - roller transferring/repeating image on right side of

Most likely drum or fuser unit needs to be replaced. BC is asking distance between defects to determine which one is bad.

Looks like about every three inches, until multiple copies are run, and then it starts repeating CCI09012019.pdf I tried to attach picture here so you can see. Hopefully it will upload.

New drum imaging unit has been installed, but not a new Fuser Unit (those are really pricey for this old copier). Crossing my fingers it's not the Fuser Unit.

You should be able to remove and turn drum by hand and see if defect is on drum. Also not sure if you can turn fuser while in machine or if end user replaceable remove fuser unit and turn gear to rotate fuser roller to see if any defects on fuser rollers. Repeat image is usually caused by the fuser. Might be able to find fuser on ebay or maybe there is an aftermarket option that would be much less expensive.

I don't know the small K/M models that well but what I suggested is basic copier knowledge.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I do not even know how to get to the fuser on this machine to see if I can turn it. I will do a more thorough once over later today and see if I can't figure it out. I bought this used for a particular project for $190.00. It worked beautifully for my project and would like to use it for other things, but the repeating makes it unusable for much of my work. A new fuser is $250.00, but I have not looked on Ebay. Thank you for the suggestion.

I confirmed it is end user replaceable which means it's easily removable. Open a door near where the pages exit printer and pull down on 2 blue levers and fuser slides right out. Rotate the gear on end of fuser unit and look at the orange & black rollers in really good light. You should see a worn spot or built up of toner on the black roller.

looking at the image the toner is picked off the original lettering gets lighter.
    My money is on the fuser.

Could be as simple as cleaning it off.
    Whatever

I am hoping this is not a stupid question, but is the Fuser and Imaging Unit the same thing? When I bought used copier, it was tracking, but still suited what I needed it to do for the one order. First thing I did was replace the imaging unit.

I followed the instructions noted and removed the toner cartridge, then the Imaging Unit. There is a blue drum that is visible but I did not see any orange or black rollers. I have attached a screen shot of the two things that come out very easily and what I have replaced. The third item on the page is the expensive one and I am not sure it's worth putting in this copier, but if I could get to it and clean it, worth a shot. I am guessing that third one is not an "end user replaceable" component, but I am pretty handy.

Again, thank you all for your help.
    Attached Files Attached Files