Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34
  1. #11
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    bizhub 423, 93-10 , Duplex/Switch Back


    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    617
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: bizhub 423, 93-10 , Duplex/Switch Back

    Quote Originally Posted by CopierNerd View Post
    Dear Experts and Experienced Fellows,

    bizhub 423,
    Paper Jamming in Duplex Section,
    Jam Code> 93-10,
    Jam indication at 14 Number,
    RTFM! No details for this particular code.
    Paper gets jam after 30, 40, or sometimes 60 copies (Duplex). Sometime did not jam at all.
    During Switching back and entering in duplex, when paper touches the actuator of PS92 Duplex unit upper transport sensor (PS92) get blocked properly but Duplex transport motor does not energize. As a result paper gets jam.

    Work Done> Replaced PS92,
    PS91, PS93 Cleaned and swapped, No progress,
    Switchback Motor swapped with Duplex Motor, No progress,
    Checked Belts
    Checked Connectors

    Relevant Parts> Switchback Motor, Duplex Motor, PS91, PS92, PS93, PRCB,

    Any suggestions?

    I have no suggestions beyond what's already been posted. Just wanted to say that's a damn fine write-up of the situation.

  2. #12
    RTFM!! 2,500+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    3,240
    Rep Power
    64

    Re: bizhub 423, 93-10 , Duplex/Switch Back

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ktlc View Post
    Had to replace the bushings for the exit roller for this problem.
    I will go and inspect this bushing.
    You mean the roller on the top of the door.
    The first duplex entrance roller?
    Whatever

  3. #13
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    bizhub 423, 93-10 , Duplex/Switch Back

    blackcat4866's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    17,069
    Rep Power
    284

    Re: bizhub 423, 93-10 , Duplex/Switch Back

    Yes, the wrinkles point to one of three possible sources:
    Moist Paper
    Fuser wear, and 1.2M is about right yield on the fuser.
    Loose or misaligned paper in the paper tray.

    It really depends on how long the harness is, and how many flex points there are. You'll want clip leads for your meter. We call it the wiggle test.
    Set the meter to beep/lowest resistance setting. Clip your meter leads onto both ends of the particular wire, then flex the wire at it's usual flex points (where doors hinge, parts move, etc. The harness usually does not break in places that are unmoving in a loom). Once you find an intermittent connection you can solder and shrink wrap it.

    I must say, as a newbie you seemed to have jumped in with both feet! Great observations! And you did stuff before posting! I wish you could teach that to about half the techs posting on Copytechnet. Kudos!
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

    blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

  4. #14
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts CopierNerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: bizhub 423, 93-10 , Duplex/Switch Back

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ktlc View Post
    Had to replace the bushings for the exit roller for this problem.
    Paper Exit/Switchback roller is in Switchback unit. I guess you are suggesting about the wrinkling problem not jamming?

    I will surely check this one too.

  5. #15
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts CopierNerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: bizhub 423, 93-10 , Duplex/Switch Back

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Yes, the wrinkles point to one of three possible sources:
    Moist Paper
    Fuser wear, and 1.2M is about right yield on the fuser.
    Loose or misaligned paper in the paper tray.

    It really depends on how long the harness is, and how many flex points there are. You'll want clip leads for your meter. We call it the wiggle test.
    Set the meter to beep/lowest resistance setting. Clip your meter leads onto both ends of the particular wire, then flex the wire at it's usual flex points (where doors hinge, parts move, etc. The harness usually does not break in places that are unmoving in a loom). Once you find an intermittent connection you can solder and shrink wrap it.

    I must say, as a newbie you seemed to have jumped in with both feet! Great observations! And you did stuff before posting! I wish you could teach that to about half the techs posting on Copytechnet. Kudos!
    =^..^=
    Thank you very much blackcat4866 for these kind words.

  6. #16
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Kankakee, Il
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: bizhub 423, 93-10 , Duplex/Switch Back

    Quote Originally Posted by CopierNerd View Post
    Paper Exit/Switchback roller is in Switchback unit. I guess you are suggesting about the wrinkling problem not jamming?

    I will surely check this one too.
    yes. the switchback unit.

  7. #17
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    512
    Rep Power
    34

    Thumbs up Re: bizhub 423, 93-10 , Duplex/Switch Back

    From C452 manual 93-10 is duplex transport section jam. Go from there to the P.594 of bizhub 423 manual and do troubleshooting starting with duplex pre-registration section through the duplex transport section.
    But first check bushings for the exit roller as 3ktlc suggested.

    P.S
    Good posting of the problem, keep this line.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

  8. #18
    RTFM!! 2,500+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    3,240
    Rep Power
    64

    Re: bizhub 423, 93-10 , Duplex/Switch Back

    Any luck yet?
    Today the problem returned...
    So replaced the door harness with no luck then removed the inner door plate to get to the duplex actuator
    Found the door housing and the actuator shaft worn out but not to the extent where it fails? Need new side door...
    Could be that the flag does not return in a time?
    Played with it with no luck.
    They use crisscross sort so changed every second tray to new orientation. Now it runs again????
    Whatever

  9. #19
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts CopierNerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: bizhub 423, 93-10 , Duplex/Switch Back

    Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Any luck yet?
    Today the problem returned...
    So replaced the door harness with no luck then removed the inner door plate to get to the duplex actuator
    Found the door housing and the actuator shaft worn out but not to the extent where it fails? Need new side door...
    Could be that the flag does not return in a time?
    Played with it with no luck.
    They use crisscross sort so changed every second tray to new orientation. Now it runs again????
    I didn't go there again to check. Customer informed me over the phone that it jams sometime and sometime don't. So they are using it anyhow. I think whole door replacement is the last resort.

  10. #20
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts mjunkaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    334
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: bizhub 423, 93-10 , Duplex/Switch Back

    Quote Originally Posted by CopierNerd View Post
    I didn't go there again to check. Customer informed me over the phone that it jams sometime and sometime don't. So they are using it anyhow. I think whole door replacement is the last resort.
    Could it be a sticky solenoid in the gate/diverter? It may test fine but not release quickly enough.......like a sensor with a wimpy spring! I KNOW you guys did not hang the switchback wrong at the frame! I've never had to do it with a bizhub yet, but it happens all the time in the smaller machines, steel solenoid magnetizes, and loses insulator pad between coil and actuator (or never had one).......electrical tape is a quick long fix if it sticks. I also had to stretch out a return spring on a magicolor to make it stop mis-registering (plunger type).

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •