Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: bizhub 423, 93-10 , Duplex/Switch Back

With this design they eliminated the solenoid driven gate. The duplex and the paper exit use the same path. Will post a video soon.
    The timing is so tight on the paper returning to the duplex and the paper exiting its like bad magic...
    Whatever

Senior Tech 250+ Posts mjunkaged's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    With this design they eliminated the solenoid driven gate. The duplex and the paper exit use the same path. Will post a video soon.
    The timing is so tight on the paper returning to the duplex and the paper exiting its like bad magic...
    Sorry about that, did not open manual (parts or service) before posting my guess........thanks for enlightening me! Does it still hang on the frame with those keyhole cutouts on screws, like all the old B&W?

Jip super quick to remove. Remove the fuser and then loosen two and remove two screws.
    This is a weird issue that happens to these machines is it runs the duplex past 500K...
    Every one that gave me advise told me its the motors, but these motors don't fail easy.
    Will have to find a door in a good condition.
    Think its the sensor flag that moves erratically combined with tight timing due to wear on the actuator housing.
    Whatever

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    bizhub 423, 93-10 , Duplex/Switch Back

I have had 1 motor failed. Thought it was due to the bushings locking up.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts CopierNerd's Avatar

Jip super quick to remove. Remove the fuser and then loosen two and remove two screws.
    This is a weird issue that happens to these machines is it runs the duplex past 500K...
    Every one that gave me advise told me its the motors, but these motors don't fail easy.
    Will have to find a door in a good condition.
    Think its the sensor flag that moves erratically combined with tight timing due to wear on the actuator housing.
    Allan! I went there again. This time not with old used side door but with the idea to check the harness. If any wire is damage inside. I removed the side door. Removed the metallic plate and torn the harness (Black Covering) After removing, i checked every wire all way to the PRCB. It was OK.No damage. Then i removed complete assembly, Duplex Transport motor, Sensor, Drive belts etc. Cleaned the shafts and lubricate them. Didnt bend any shaft to increase tension of belts. After lubricating i fixed it back. Closed the whole door and installed it.
    When i made copies, duplex unit was soundless like new. That damned code didnt appear again, No jam in duplex transport no jam any where. My problem solved just by cleaning and lubricating the duplex transport unit and removing the harness from the connectors. I want you to try this too.

I thought what is in the door left for replacement? for which i need to replace the whole door? As i had already replaced switchback motor, duplex transport motor, All sensors, wiring and checked actuators too.So i did this which was left to do.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    bizhub 423, 93-10 , Duplex/Switch Back

Congratulations on your success. Exploratory surgery is a reasonable solution. Surprisingly often you can solve an issue without actually knowing what you fixed. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Also striped and cleaned the duplex and the problem is a lot better after i tweaked the sensor actuator that got worn out.
    Now its jamming every other thousandth prints.
    I have ordered a new actuator to see it it will resolve the problem. The door body will get a bit of hot iron treatment.
    Whatever

Ok got it MacGuyver fixed by removing pressure from the exit driven rollers where the switchback motor was holding the edge of the paper!
    Melted a paperclip thru from the bottom hooked it over the shaft pulled the shaft down and bent the paperclip to hold its position.

Not a fan of these kind of fixes but can't work my head around why it happend.
    Other things i tried was changing the sensor flat lenght by adding to it and the sensor position with no luck.

Did clean all of the shafts and there is no strain on the duplex drive.
    Whatever

Senior Tech 250+ Posts mjunkaged's Avatar

Ok got it MacGuyver fixed by removing pressure from the exit driven rollers where the switchback motor was holding the edge of the paper!
    Melted a paperclip thru from the bottom hooked it over the shaft pulled the shaft down and bent the paperclip to hold its position.

Not a fan of these kind of fixes but can't work my head around why it happend.
    Other things i tried was changing the sensor flat lenght by adding to it and the sensor position with no luck.

Did clean all of the shafts and there is no strain on the duplex drive.
    Could it be that heat from fusing unit bows the plastic??

Quote Originally Posted by mjunkaged View Post
    Could it be that heat from fusing unit bows the plastic??
    I changed the switchback unit out with a known working one and installed on another machine that is working so i don't think so.
    The holding torque on the switchback motor when stopping just to soon clamps the edge of the paper between the exit rollers on the way back into the duplex unit.
    It actually stalls out the duplex motor that is still trying to pull to paper. So my thinking was if i remove pressure from the exit rollers then the duplex motor will win the tug of war.
    Glad it worked!

Could be a faulty control board. But just to stubborn to replace it.
    Whatever