Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts CopierNerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    8

    Lightbulb bizhub 423, 93-10 , Duplex/Switch Back

    Dear Experts and Experienced Fellows,

    bizhub 423,
    Paper Jamming in Duplex Section,
    Jam Code> 93-10,
    Jam indication at 14 Number,
    RTFM! No details for this particular code.
    Paper gets jam after 30, 40, or sometimes 60 copies (Duplex). Sometime did not jam at all.
    During Switching back and entering in duplex, when paper touches the actuator of PS92 Duplex unit upper transport sensor (PS92) get blocked properly but Duplex transport motor does not energize. As a result paper gets jam.

    Work Done> Replaced PS92,
    PS91, PS93 Cleaned and swapped, No progress,
    Switchback Motor swapped with Duplex Motor, No progress,
    Checked Belts
    Checked Connectors

    Relevant Parts> Switchback Motor, Duplex Motor, PS91, PS92, PS93, PRCB,

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    RTFM!! 2,500+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    2,937
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: bizhub 423, 93-10 , Duplex/Switch Back

    Fighting the same demon now. Paper goes into the duplex and stops under the middle roller in the duplex.
    Change the motor the sensors for the duplex door and the flag sensor changed the fuser and the switch back unit with no luck.
    Not sure if its fixed but i removed the duplex drive and twisted it to force the belts to tension and no problem after that what i know of.
    Funny thing is it would work for long streaks and then continues to jam until I touch the machine and then runs again.
    If it reoccurs i am going to replace the harness going the the side door...


    Clicks on your machine?
    Whatever

  3. #3
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    bizhub 423, 93-10 , Duplex/Switch Back

    blackcat4866's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    16,704
    Rep Power
    277

    Re: bizhub 423, 93-10 , Duplex/Switch Back

    Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Fighting the same demon now. Paper goes into the duplex and stops under the middle roller in the duplex.
    Change the motor the sensors for the duplex door and the flag sensor changed the fuser and the switch back unit with no luck.
    Not sure if its fixed but i removed the duplex drive and twisted it to force the belts to tension and no problem after that what i know of.
    Funny thing is it would work for long streaks and then continues to jam until I touch the machine and then runs again.
    If it reoccurs i am going to replace the harness going the the side door...


    Clicks on your machine?
    A broken lead in the harness could create an intermittent issue like this.

    Anything unusual about the media?
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.


    blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

  4. #4
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts CopierNerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: bizhub 423, 93-10 , Duplex/Switch Back

    Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Fighting the same demon now. Paper goes into the duplex and stops under the middle roller in the duplex.
    Change the motor the sensors for the duplex door and the flag sensor changed the fuser and the switch back unit with no luck.
    Not sure if its fixed but i removed the duplex drive and twisted it to force the belts to tension and no problem after that what i know of.
    Funny thing is it would work for long streaks and then continues to jam until I touch the machine and then runs again.
    If it reoccurs i am going to replace the harness going the the side door...


    Clicks on your machine?
    Clicks: 1150K+

    I will check the harness.
    Thanks

  5. #5
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts CopierNerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: bizhub 423, 93-10 , Duplex/Switch Back

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    A broken lead in the harness could create an intermittent issue like this.

    Anything unusual about the media?
    =^..^=
    Anything unusual about the media is, Wrinkles are appearing during duplex. Single sided copies> No problem at all, no wrinkles.

    If lead is broken then i can check its continuity via Multi-meter.

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts mjunkaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    328
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: bizhub 423, 93-10 , Duplex/Switch Back

    Quote Originally Posted by CopierNerd View Post
    Anything unusual about the media is, Wrinkles are appearing during duplex. Single sided copies> No problem at all, no wrinkles.

    If lead is broken then i can check its continuity via Multi-meter.
    Wrinkled duplex and perfect single sided usually ends up being a fuser unit about to go for me. Does it do the same wrinkling from all trays, different sizes/directions?

  7. #7
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts mjunkaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    328
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: bizhub 423, 93-10 , Duplex/Switch Back

    Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Fighting the same demon now. Paper goes into the duplex and stops under the middle roller in the duplex.
    Change the motor the sensors for the duplex door and the flag sensor changed the fuser and the switch back unit with no luck.
    Not sure if its fixed but i removed the duplex drive and twisted it to force the belts to tension and no problem after that what i know of.
    Funny thing is it would work for long streaks and then continues to jam until I touch the machine and then runs again.
    If it reoccurs i am going to replace the harness going the the side door...


    Clicks on your machine?
    Does yours wrinkle on duplex Allan? See ?? to poster......

  8. #8
    RTFM!! 2,500+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    2,937
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: bizhub 423, 93-10 , Duplex/Switch Back

    Quote Originally Posted by mjunkaged View Post
    Does yours wrinkle on duplex Allan? See ?? to poster......
    Nope no wrinkle but the same issue but J93-10 and amount of clicks the same.
    The paper before the fuser does wrinkle due to machine stopping when the duplex jam occurs.
    The tray alignment could be an issue.
    Whatever

  9. #9
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts CopierNerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: bizhub 423, 93-10 , Duplex/Switch Back

    Quote Originally Posted by mjunkaged View Post
    Wrinkled duplex and perfect single sided usually ends up being a fuser unit about to go for me. Does it do the same wrinkling from all trays, different sizes/directions?
    Yes, you are right! wrinkled duplex can be due to expired pressure roller. Mine is suspicious. Main issue is jamming in Duplex.

  10. #10
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Kankakee, Il
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: bizhub 423, 93-10 , Duplex/Switch Back

    Had to replace the bushings for the exit roller for this problem.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •