Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C6500- C2840

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

C6500- C2840

I have a C6500, an oldie but goodie, customer does not want to part with it, they don't have a contract. Started of with a C-2804. Quoted the customer for a black developer unit and developer, the quote was over $1000, they said yes. Ordered DV unit, had DV in stock. Went there today and changed the the K DV. It added fine and did the initial toner adjust and did fine. I went to do the Gamma adjust and I came up with a C-2840. Took out the color registration sensor and cleaned them off. Still am getting C2840, Book says it is the PS11 sensor, I know it would be better to replace the assy. Would this be a good call??

Thanks
    KEN

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C6500- C2840

Re: C6500- C2840

Quote Originally Posted by kenpio View Post
    I have a C6500, an oldie but goodie, customer does not want to part with it, they don't have a contract. Started of with a C-2804. Quoted the customer for a black developer unit and developer, the quote was over $1000, they said yes. Ordered DV unit, had DV in stock. Went there today and changed the the K DV. It added fine and did the initial toner adjust and did fine. I went to do the Gamma adjust and I came up with a C-2840. Took out the color registration sensor and cleaned them off. Still am getting C2840, Book says it is the PS11 sensor, I know it would be better to replace the assy. Would this be a good call??

Thanks
    KEN
    Perfect!
    C2840 indicates an error in the calibration of the gamma sensor.
    if you disable the sensor, the machine operates normally.
    you gain time and replace the sensor soon.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C6500- C2840

Thanks
    KEN
    make tests and be sure to be printing the 04 colors without fail.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C6500- C2840

Also, manually check the operation of the shutter. If the shutter does not open far enough you can also get this code intermittently. A little re-forming can get you more travel from the shutter mechanism. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

I used to face this issue a lot on the field.
    I would force the shutters open by taping them up temporarily. Buys you some time to get the parts.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I did open and close the shutters and they did work. Through the I/O. I will disable the gamma adjustment and see what happens. This customer just wants it to run. Right now, all the drums, coronas and transfer belt are all over 125%!!!

Thanks
    KEN

C6500- C2840

I did open and close the shutters and they did work. Through the I/O. I will disable the gamma adjustment and see what happens. This customer just wants it to run. Right now, all the drums, coronas and transfer belt are all over 125%!!!

Thanks
    KEN
    If you care about your image quality at all you'll pay attention to those yields. In my experience corona units never make 100%, closer to 50% before image quality necessitates changing. Drums and developers will do the full yield usually. Don't let the primary transfer cleaner go past yield, it will make a huge mess, including your C2840's. Fusers can sometimes go 1M or a little longer. =^..^=

Technician

Thanks
    KEN
    Hi Ken,
    Recommend the customer to atleast change the developer. Regarding the shutters, i would advise to tape them open first to isolate it. Possibly the shutters are not opening all the way.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Put a piece of tape on the shutter, and still came up with the C2840. So I shut off the image stabilization and it came up and it making prints. I will try to attach the screen shot of the consumables. So I told the customer that I could not guarantee the print quality with out replacing all these parts. Well I cant upload this, so the drums are at 157% and black at 171%, developers are at 117% and the coronas are at 155% and the black at 171%. So I think that this has a little to do with this problem. I will include the transfer belt job too.

Thanks
    KEN
    Logistic.JPG

C6500- C2840

Perfect. Good luck getting them to shell out the money for all those parts. =^..^=