Technician

Bizhub C454e problems with scan to email when auth is on.

Hey there,
    I've encountered odd problem with C454e - it's set up to scan to email, and it used to work without any problems, but recently they've changed the company policy and require the users to authenticate with the machine. And after their IT guy turned the authentication on, scan to email stopped working. With auth off, it still works, of course.
    I remember similar problem with C224 from before - that the machine tried to switch "from" address with the authenticated user address, but i have no idea what i've done to fix this .
    Any clues?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

Re: Bizhub C454e problems with scan to email when auth is on.

Try this:
    PSWC >> Security >> Restrict User Access
    >> Registering and Changing Addresses: Allow
    >> Changing the "From" Address": Admin E-mail Address

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If you were using a SMTP server that didn't need to authenticate to send mail, simply turning on authentication doesn't change the info going to the server, this all comes from the email settings tab in Admin/Network/SMTP. Authentication at the MFP level will probably not send correct username/password info, this would have to come from an AD connection. We can help trouble shoot this problem easier if you post the reason the scan to email is failing..login error, server connect error, etc..E

Technician

Problem solved, turned out their it guy didn't really know what he was doing and turn on authorization, account track and id&print, couldn't configure it properly and it all went bananas.

A lesson in not trusting guys who tell You that "oh i've configured machines like this dozens of times".