Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts captainrva's Avatar

All Bizhub C224e through C754e All printing Full Color when Auto Color is selected

I have a customer who noticed their auto color job (1 color page, 7 black pages) was only adding to the full color counter and not the black counter. I opened their job and sent it to a c552 and it prints correctly with 1 color and 7 black but when I send it to any 4e series machine (like the customers), it prints as all color. I have even made new documents in different programs with the same result. I have tried post script and PCL drivers to no avail.

This is too big of a flaw for konica not to have a fix but I can't seem to find one. Any ideas?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: All Bizhub C224e through C754e All printing Full Color when Auto Color is selecte

Quote Originally Posted by captainrva View Post
    I have a customer who noticed their auto color job (1 color page, 7 black pages) was only adding to the full color counter and not the black counter. I opened their job and sent it to a c552 and it prints correctly with 1 color and 7 black but when I send it to any 4e series machine (like the customers), it prints as all color. I have even made new documents in different programs with the same result. I have tried post script and PCL drivers to no avail.

This is too big of a flaw for konica not to have a fix but I can't seem to find one. Any ideas?
    Do you have a choice in the driver to print black as true black and not process black??? What program was the document generated with???? Adobe? Make sure blacks are ABSOLUTELY BLACK!!!All Bizhub C224e through C754e All printing Full Color when Auto Color is selected

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Re: All Bizhub C224e through C754e All printing Full Color when Auto Color is selecte

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    Do you have a choice in the driver to print black as true black and not process black??? What program was the document generated with???? Adobe? Make sure blacks are ABSOLUTELY BLACK!!!All Bizhub C224e through C754e All printing Full Color when Auto Color is selected

The original document is an Adobe Indesign file but also a PDF and all text is set to true black (c=0 m=0 y=0 k=100). I have created a test document with one word in black and it prints as color as well. In the output, text as black is checked. The document prints correctly to a C552 and when I use the same settings for the C364e, it is printing it as full color.

1.jpg

Retraction hammers the machine the transfer belt runs and the color drums are running even if only the cover page is in color adding lost of difficulty to bill correctly, then K cost per copy must be increased. So the machine must stay in one mode for at least a couple of cycles before stopping and starting. Imagine if the transfer retraction and the drum and dev drives must stop every second cycle. Add an additional counter to subtract the cost per copy for the toner not used?

So in practice those color parts was in use even if its black and white..
    So there is some settings like. Enjoy a slower machine.

ACS.jpg
    Whatever

All Bizhub C224e through C754e All printing Full Color when Auto Color is selected

Make sure the machine and driver are running the same function version.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts CopierNerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Retraction hammers the machine the transfer belt runs and the color drums are running even if only the cover page is in color adding lost of difficulty to bill correctly, then K cost per copy must be increased. So the machine must stay in one mode for at least a couple of cycles before stopping and starting. Imagine if the transfer retraction and the drum and dev drives must stop every second cycle. Add an additional counter to subtract the cost per copy for the toner not used?

So in practice those color parts was in use even if its black and white..
    So there is some settings like. Enjoy a slower machine.

ACS.jpg
    Superb! explained very well!
    End of Discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by captainrva View Post
    The original document is an Adobe Indesign file but also a PDF and all text is set to true black (c=0 m=0 y=0 k=100). I have created a test document with one word in black and it prints as color as well. In the output, text as black is checked. The document prints correctly to a C552 and when I use the same settings for the C364e, it is printing it as full color.

1.jpg
    Bottom left corner of the print screen..."setup" which should actually go into the print driver settings...there might be something there you're missing. As far as Adobe goes, you can have some weird settings overrides when multi-layer control is involved!!!All Bizhub C224e through C754e All printing Full Color when Auto Color is selected

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!

k=255?
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    k=255?
    255 is the D-Max amount when your adjusting levels...I know in photoshop, but this is indesign....hard to see the low resolution screenshot!!!All Bizhub C224e through C754e All printing Full Color when Auto Color is selected

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    Make sure the machine and driver are running the same function version.
    The C364e is Function Version 7. The driver doesn't show a "function version" but the driver version is 5.3.0. The firmware is G20-M1 which says function version 7.