Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts captainrva's Avatar

Re: All Bizhub C224e through C754e All printing Full Color when Auto Color is selecte

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    Bottom left corner of the print screen..."setup" which should actually go into the print driver settings...there might be something there you're missing. As far as Adobe goes, you can have some weird settings overrides when multi-layer control is involved!!!All Bizhub C224e through C754e All printing Full Color when Auto Color is selected

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

There is nothing in the setup (preferences) other than auto color, full color , grayscale really. The settings are identical to the ones I use on the C552 that prints correctly.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    All Bizhub C224e through C754e All printing Full Color when Auto Color is selected

Re: All Bizhub C224e through C754e All printing Full Color when Auto Color is selecte

Quote Originally Posted by captainrva View Post
    There is nothing in the setup (preferences) other than auto color, full color , grayscale really. The settings are identical to the ones I use on the C552 that prints correctly.
    Maybe you have the wrong driver. On my 4e series drivers there are colour settings of Auto colour, Grey scale, and 2 colour. There is no Full colour choice.

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Maybe you have the wrong driver. On my 4e series drivers there are colour settings of Auto colour, Grey scale, and 2 colour. There is no Full colour choice.
    On my PCL 5.3.0 driver (latest) it says 2-color, but my post script 5.1.2 driver (latest), it says full color

2.jpg

3.jpg
    Last edited by captainrva; 01-09-2019 at 05:02 PM.

I just set up a word document and it printed with auto color correctly. I saved it as a PDF from word and that printed correctly. I set up a new Indesign document and did a preflight to pick up any color and checked the separations for color and there is none but when I print with the same settings....Auto color still adds to color meter. It makes me think it has to be an Adobe issue now but why does it work fine on non 4e machines?

4.jpg

I also placed the word document PDF that worked, into a new indesign file and it printed as color on the c364e even after passing the separations and preflight check. It printed as black on c552.

I also swapped the driver of the c552 into the c364e and it still printed as color.

Have a look at the problem job and inspect the text with a magnifier to see if it contain color dots.
    Whatever

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Have a look at the problem job and inspect the text with a magnifier to see if it contain color dots.
    ColorPic
    ColorPic, The Windows Color Picker Software Tool

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    I don't see any color dots in the black text but I do see red and blue on the outsides of the black text with my magnifier that was a cheap lime green plastic thing. I tried a clear magnifier but it didn't zoom in that good but I could still see a hint of color on the very edge of the text.

I did see yellow dots when I zoomed in with my phone but only on the paper.

5.jpg

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

From manual if using PCL driver.
    When you open the [Quality] tab and set the [Select Color] to [Auto Color], the image is automatically converted into gray scale and printed if the RGB values of the original are below the thresholds you have set. On the [Other] tab, check the [Convert to Gray Scale] box and set the threshold (the differential RGB values to be converted into gray scale).
    Play a bit with threshold value.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    From manual if using PCL driver.
    When you open the [Quality] tab and set the [Select Color] to [Auto Color], the image is automatically converted into gray scale and printed if the RGB values of the original are below the thresholds you have set. On the [Other] tab, check the [Convert to Gray Scale] box and set the threshold (the differential RGB values to be converted into gray scale).
    Play a bit with threshold value.

This worked great for the PCL driver but the option doesn't seem to exist for Post Script.
    I need a Post Script solution for the macbook users and for post script drivers in general for these 4e series.

Quote Originally Posted by captainrva View Post
    I don't see any color dots in the black text but I do see red and blue on the outsides of the black text with my magnifier that was a cheap lime green plastic thing. I tried a clear magnifier but it didn't zoom in that good but I could still see a hint of color on the very edge of the text.

I did see yellow dots when I zoomed in with my phone but only on the paper.

5.jpg
    The color dots means full color so i agree with you that if from other applications the counter works fine an adobe setting is the problem.
    There where you could adjust (0,0,0,100) try making that value 255 not sure about AI settings...

Know that makes no sense i just try every thing.

Any color dots on the MSword job?
    Whatever