Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts captainrva's Avatar

Re: All Bizhub C224e through C754e All printing Full Color when Auto Color is selecte

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    The color dots means full color so i agree with you that if from other applications the counter works fine an adobe setting is the problem.
    There where you could adjust (0,0,0,100) try making that value 255 not sure about AI settings...

Know that makes no sense i just try every thing.

Any color dots on the MSword job?

Can't set black over 100 (error: value must be between 0-100)

No yellow spots on word document

6.jpg

I'd like to think it was just an Adobe issue but the fact that it prints perfectly to a C552 is puzzling.
    Last edited by captainrva; 01-09-2019 at 08:08 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    All Bizhub C224e through C754e All printing Full Color when Auto Color is selected

Re: All Bizhub C224e through C754e All printing Full Color when Auto Color is selecte

Quote Originally Posted by captainrva View Post
    I don't see any color dots in the black text but I do see red and blue on the outsides of the black text with my magnifier that was a cheap lime green plastic thing. I tried a clear magnifier but it didn't zoom in that good but I could still see a hint of color on the very edge of the text.

I did see yellow dots when I zoomed in with my phone but only on the paper.

Attachment 41415

Those yellow spots are likely hidden machine identifiers.

Machine Identification Code - Wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    Those yellow spots are likely hidden machine identifiers.

Machine Identification Code - Wikipedia

I figured they were something like that.

I tried to go into Service mode to look for Engine FW Dipswitch but can't find it on a c364e.

I figured they were something like that.

I tried to go into Service mode to look for Engine FW Dipswitch but can't find it on a c364e.

Enter service mode then go to enhanced security mode there you will find the setting.
    Enter service mode then stop 0 clear.
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Enter service mode then go to enhanced security mode there you will find the setting.
    Enter service mode then stop 0 clear.
    Oh, I see, it says "Enhanced Security" at the top...I don't see the Engine FW dipswitch though.

20190109_161936.jpg

I guess the FW dipswitch doesn't really matter too much because I don't see these settings changing the Post Script drivers threshold any.
    Last edited by captainrva; 01-09-2019 at 09:39 PM.

I was able to get around this issue with the PS driver but I had to export to b&w pdf's, open in photoshop as grayscale, save and then place each page back into a new indesign document and then paste in the color page. Just doesn't make sense why it works fine on older machines.

I was able to get around this issue with the PS driver but I had to export to b&w pdf's, open in photoshop as grayscale, save and then place each page back into a new indesign document and then paste in the color page. Just doesn't make sense why it works fine on older machines.
    Does just a standard .txt document file with black text count a black click correctly??? If so, it sounds like it boils down to Adobe and how color space is managed and passed on to the driver and therefore counted. I had a similar issue at a lawyer's office that was using Wordperfect...the software actually overrode the print driver, so even if the system default was black, the Wordperfect setting for color actually overrode the system driver default!!! ANNOYING!!!All Bizhub C224e through C754e All printing Full Color when Auto Color is selected

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    Does just a standard .txt document file with black text count a black click correctly??? If so, it sounds like it boils down to Adobe and how color space is managed and passed on to the driver and therefore counted. I had a similar issue at a lawyer's office that was using Wordperfect...the software actually overrode the print driver, so even if the system default was black, the Wordperfect setting for color actually overrode the system driver default!!! ANNOYING!!!All Bizhub C224e through C754e All printing Full Color when Auto Color is selected

Yes, a standard .txt or .doc file prints correctly. Did you ever find a fix for your wordperfect issue?

Yes, a standard .txt or .doc file prints correctly. Did you ever find a fix for your wordperfect issue?
    ...set the default to print in black in WordPerfect settings...no other way about it!!!All Bizhub C224e through C754e All printing Full Color when Auto Color is selected

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

I have been working with the Adobe community to try to resolve this as well and the conclusion there is that the Print Driver/Printer is converting the black to 4 color. I Can do Output previews and it shows as pure black and no CMY at all but if I hit print....Color click under auto color. I started a ticket with Konica last week so I will follow up with that today.

black.jpg

Note: I am now testing this on a C658 and having the exact same issue.
    Last edited by captainrva; 01-15-2019 at 07:19 PM.