Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    SMB ISSUE WINDOWS 7

Re: SMB ISSUE WINDOWS 7

Quote Originally Posted by mo0651 View Post
    I know!!! The Windows 10 upgrade sucked bad enough. Why did they mess with 7 ??
    STUPID IS AS... STUPID DOES....

Forest Gump

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

M$ released KB4487345 an update for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
    Microsoft Releases Windows Update KB4487345 to Fix KB4480970 Issue - Softpedia News - TECH NEWS
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts afterhours's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CopierNerd View Post
    After update if you are getting this> "Server Connection Error" then do this> Go to Control Panel>Turn windows features ON/OFF>Telnet Client=un check, Telnet Server=uncheck, or SMB>Telnet Client/Telnet Server= uncheck
    apply and restart.
    Then try sending.

So I sent the original question in this thread. Removing the update definitely works, but id prefer to just make the adjustment needed for smb. Will your suggestion definitely work? I will be trying it tomorrow.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Just try the latest update as suggested by tsbservice and see if it works.
    Last edited by davel; 01-14-2019 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Correction

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BR549 View Post
    Here's what we did to make it work. When entering the user name, enter "//computer name/user name"
    The issue in this month's Windows 7/Server 208 R2 patches are related to back end authentication issues.

You'll have issues if your scanning is set using one, or both, of the following:

1. Scan destination is set using an IP address instead of a host name
    2. You're using a local account, instead of a domain account, to authenticate to the share with the account used also being an administrator on the PC or server hosting the share

An update has also been released to fix the underlying NTLM issue: Microsoft Update Catalog

Currently, it's only available from the Windows Update Catalog site, it hasn't been pushed to workstation Windows Updates or WSUS.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts CopierNerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by afterhours View Post
    So I sent the original question in this thread. Removing the update definitely works, but id prefer to just make the adjustment needed for smb. Will your suggestion definitely work? I will be trying it tomorrow.
    No need to remove update. Just restore the changes made by update in SMB and file sharing.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts KMFLT3CH's Avatar

I just had this issue come up last Friday, customer called in saying her scanning to PC was not working. It's a one PC office that has been working fine for months. She was scanning fine all day Wednesday, then first thing Thursday morning it errors out with a "Forward TX Error" under job list > details.

I tried everything I could think of, I figured something was installed that she didn't know about, didn't think to mess with the Windows updates. I ended up just setting her PC to scan to FTP using the old FTP utility. Next time she calls in for service (probably when her IP changes and FTP stops working) I'll look for these updates and try to get her back on SMB.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    SMB ISSUE WINDOWS 7

We are done with SMB scanning. It isn't reliable enough anymore. We are switching everyone to email scanning. Once it is setup it is much easier for user to create new one-touches.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts KMFLT3CH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    We are done with SMB scanning. It isn't reliable enough anymore. We are switching everyone to email scanning. Once it is setup it is much easier for user to create new one-touches.
    Emphasis on "once it is set up"

I have far too many IT departments who haven't got a clue as to what info/settings they need to supply us in order to get scan to email working, usually those are the ones using office365 or gmail for scanning . But yes, once set up, it is the best method for scanning IMO.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    SMB ISSUE WINDOWS 7

Thank you guys for the updates , you guys are awesome!!!