Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Transfer belt screws complicated to put back

Hi, I want to consult with you.

Am I the only one who has problems putting the transfer belt screws back in some models? The left one enters and screws without problems while the one on the right is a real problem.

To open the best, I remove the blocks of the door but the screwdriver still remains slightly inclined and this I think that involves the difficulty in screwing the screw.

On the newer machines I have less of this problem because the door opens a lot more while for example in the bizhub C280, bizhub 364 etc. this problem is more common.

Any suggestions to facilitate screwing of the right screw?

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Re: Transfer belt screws complicated to put back

I just hold the latch in with my left hand and install the screw with my right. I don't recall having any problems with it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts KMFLT3CH's Avatar

The older models like C360 and C364e have two black door stops, one at the top and one at the bottom, as well as another door stop/cover in the middle.

On the 4 and 4e series it should be a clear cover held in with one screw, and on the older C360 series it's a large black cover held in with two screws.

You can remove that center cover as well and the door will swing out over a lot more. I always leave all 3 of them out.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Does anybody read service manual procedures sometimes...
    For C220/C280...clearly states you must remove rear right cover and right door hinge and then you can open door almost full and remove transfer belt screws without any problem or risk to damage it.
    Personaly i never remove that way but use short screwdriver for removing right screw which is harder to remove.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KMFLT3CH View Post
    The older models like C360 and C364e have two black door stops, one at the top and one at the bottom, as well as another door stop/cover in the middle.

On the 4 and 4e series it should be a clear cover held in with one screw, and on the older C360 series it's a large black cover held in with two screws.

You can remove that center cover as well and the door will swing out over a lot more. I always leave all 3 of them out.
    On the C360 series, leaving the door stop off allows the door to contact the large serial connectors behind the door. I never leave the door stop off. Rather remove some screws than have to replace an MFP board because the door hit those connectors too hard.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Can also come in at angle with screwdriver, but start the screw with your hand to prevent cross threading.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Hi, I want to consult with you.

Am I the only one who has problems putting the transfer belt screws back in some models? The left one enters and screws without problems while the one on the right is a real problem.

To open the best, I remove the blocks of the door but the screwdriver still remains slightly inclined and this I think that involves the difficulty in screwing the screw.

On the newer machines I have less of this problem because the door opens a lot more while for example in the bizhub C280, bizhub 364 etc. this problem is more common.

Any suggestions to facilitate screwing of the right screw?
    Remove the two black stoppers & the clear one the door then swings open further allowing easy access to the rear screw. A good tech has more than one screwdriver!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Remove the two black stoppers & the clear one the door then swings open further allowing easy access to the rear screw. A good tech has more than one screwdriver!
    I'm sure even bad techs have more than one screwdriver. Lol

Senior Tech 100+ Posts KMFLT3CH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    I'm sure even bad techs have more than one screwdriver. Lol
    Reminds me of a tech that we used to have - He would walk into accounts with only a medium length screwdriver and a dirty dust rag in his back pocket, no toolbag or anything else. He didn't last too long.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Of course I removed those blocks! In fact, if you read, I have also written it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    In the bizhub C280 even I removed the plug of the screen to allow 1-2cm more aperture. The problem is that these blocks do not allow a complete opening, in fact the screwdriver still remains slightly inclined.

This, sometimes, especially in old MFPs, makes unscrewing and screwing difficult.

I think I will take inspiration from the idea of @MVPunisher

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    I have more than one screwdriver but the space is very small. I also tried with a small screwdriver but it does not fit

Thank you all for the support!