Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C353 Shadowing

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: C353 Shadowing

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    I once saw a bulletin stating the transfer roller can cause issues like this. Try replacing it.
    Agree with TR change or increase secondary transfer.
    Disagree with the rest. There are too many non techs posting here, that is fine as far they had right attitude and show they deserve our help.
    Not much in this case, thought.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C353 Shadowing

Maybe I'm a little different from the others here. I answer some posts ... don't answer others. Do you know why? If it interests me ... and if I think I can learn something from the interaction.

If it's not interesting, if I'm not going to learn anything new, I'm not involved.

So it's in you're best interest to attract our interest, and provide the background information that we need to give an educated opinion. Sure, Phil can be a bit abrasive ... and he's entirely right most of the time.

Think. Do you really want help? Then don't cop an attitude with those willing to respond. This an aspect of the internet that I never have really understood. Some posters think we owe you something. Well we don't.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post

Think. Do you really want help? Then don't cop an attitude with those willing to respond. This an aspect of the internet that I never have really understood. Some posters think we owe you something. Well we don't.
    =^..^=
    Have you read Phil's posts? He acts as the gatekeeper of this forum. No matter what the question HE RESPONDS IN ALL CAPS THAT YOU SUCK. It's obnoxious. Help or don't help, I don't really care. This site has degraded. Lot's of crab-ass, geezers on their high horses.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    C353 Shadowing

There's no gatekeeper on this forum. Some members including myself look at this website as a valuable tool and want to protect it.

I do agree if someone can't answer a posters question then there is no reason to reply. No need to berate anyone. Just ignore it. If i see anyone, tech or end user getting abused I will speak up. Don't care how long they have been a member, contributor, etc.
    But this time Phil was trying to help and you are wrong!

I've gotten to the point I don't have time to "interview" a poster on what they have done so far, etc. Shoot I do that all week with my customers, surely not going to do it here.

Technician
    C353 Shadowing

if you have a problem providing very basic information, to have complete strangers, help you save or make money, i would reevaluate your life choices.
    i understand dealing with some of these issues can be very frustrating, but covering very basic things are important.
    typically a person who says things like "yeah drum and developer are the same thing" are either very inexperienced, or an end user posing as a technician.
    i have gained more useful knowledge from this forum than most classes, or training anywhere.
    pissing off very experienced, and well respected members of this community are not in your best interest.
    i truly beleive he was trying to help.
    whether you like his "attitude" or not, if he's trying to help you, what harm does it do to either ignore his post, or provide the information he asked?
    how often have we all had a very difficult repair on our hands, only to realize it was a very simple mistake or something that got overlooked?

that being said,
    it definatly sounds like a transfer belt, or transfer issue, which again, he asked for basic info about, to help you.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C353 Shadowing

I have a wild guess that your lasers are out of alignment.

If not the TR has broken black bushing.

Sent from portable device using fast cheapset!
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

C353 Shadowing

Quote Originally Posted by OperatorError View Post
    Have you read Phil's posts? He acts as the gatekeeper of this forum. No matter what the question HE RESPONDS IN ALL CAPS THAT YOU SUCK. It's obnoxious. Help or don't help, I don't really care. This site has degraded. Lot's of crab-ass, geezers on their high horses.
    It seems that Phil gets too deep into the sauce sometimes and as a result, can say some annoying things...
    However, he didn't do that, you did. I'm not trying to bash you--just pointing out the obvious.

Perhaps this is due to a lack of moderation, but it is rare to see much feuding or attitude here (at least here in the KM community).

You said: "This site has degraded. Lot's of crab-ass, geezers on their high horses." But these geezers still continued to try to help, which you have not adequately responded to or bother to post pictures or provide the very basic information requested. I get what you are saying to some degree, but this is not a productive attitude. You made your point. Now let's get to fixin!

Anyways, I don't really have anything to add to possible solutions; be sure you follow-up with more information and/or how you fixed this issue!

C353 Shadowing

Quote Originally Posted by Rylac View Post
    i understand dealing with some of these issues can be very frustrating, but covering very basic things are important.
    typically a person who says things like "yeah drum and developer are the same thing" are either very inexperienced, or an end user posing as a technician.
    He was saying that the drum and dev are one unit (IU).

And as far as I'm concerned--for the most part--end users are ok here. That is, if they are posting here with a lick of sense, respectful, can read service manuals, showed they actually worked on the machine prior to posting and not looking for handouts I'm fine with it.
    A lot of the old machines out of contract are glorified boat anchors if not maintained by the end user.