Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Account track and Mac 10.14 drivers

Morning all,

I have already gone through the "gurus" at tech support and the eventual resolution was "It's Mac's issue not ours." Helpful for the customer right?

So I thought I would ask the real gurus if anyone has been able to find a workaround for trying to use account track with the new Mac OS 10.14 and any of the 4 series. (Specifically a C454e but it's all 4's and older) What's happens is you are able to activate the account track feature within the driver but there's no programs available to print through that let you add the actual account track code to the driver. Have been down the rabbit hole of using PDF preview as a workaround which will work sometimes with the 8 series but not the 4. The last update to the driver for 10.14 was March of last year which was a copy over of the 10.13 10.12 etc.

Has anyone come up with a solution that I'm missing? Have a couple of upset customers who aren't real receptive to Konica's notion of it being an Apple issue not there's because it's happening across multiple manufactures and platforms. I've tried everything from Safari, Chrome, Word, Notes, PDF Preview, etc and have yet been able to find access to actually being able to save an account track code. Only turn account track on or off (including in CUPS)

Thanks for the help
    Chris
    TJL Copy

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Re: Account track and Mac 10.14 drivers

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    Morning all,

I have already gone through the "gurus" at tech support and the eventual resolution was "It's Mac's issue not ours." Helpful for the customer right?

So I thought I would ask the real gurus if anyone has been able to find a workaround for trying to use account track with the new Mac OS 10.14 and any of the 4 series. (Specifically a C454e but it's all 4's and older) What's happens is you are able to activate the account track feature within the driver but there's no programs available to print through that let you add the actual account track code to the driver. Have been down the rabbit hole of using PDF preview as a workaround which will work sometimes with the 8 series but not the 4. The last update to the driver for 10.14 was March of last year which was a copy over of the 10.13 10.12 etc.

Has anyone come up with a solution that I'm missing? Have a couple of upset customers who aren't real receptive to Konica's notion of it being an Apple issue not there's because it's happening across multiple manufactures and platforms. I've tried everything from Safari, Chrome, Word, Notes, PDF Preview, etc and have yet been able to find access to actually being able to save an account track code. Only turn account track on or off (including in CUPS)

Thanks for the help
    Chris
    TJL Copy
    The only way I have been able to make this work is by installing Adobe, setup a print job with account track and save the settings as a preset. When you want to print from a native Mac program all you need to do is select the saved preset print setup.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    The only way I have been able to make this work is by installing Adobe, setup a print job with account track and save the settings as a preset. When you want to print from a native Mac program all you need to do is select the saved preset print setup.

Are you saying to actually install a version of adobe on the app bar? Even pdf documents that open and go to reader and/or go through the pdf viewer do the same thing. Give the option for account track but no where to enter the code

Under the options there's no where to select "Output methods" to change the option to account track and add the code. Here's the example. I can't get to this window on 10.14. It gives printer features with the option to turn on account track is all.

output method old style.jpg

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    Are you saying to actually install a version of adobe on the app bar? Even pdf documents that open and go to reader and/or go through the pdf viewer do the same thing. Give the option for account track but no where to enter the code

Under the options there's no where to select "Output methods" to change the option to account track and add the code. Here's the example. I can't get to this window on 10.14. It gives printer features with the option to turn on account track is all.

output method old style.jpg
    I have simply installed adobe reader and used it to setup a usable preset. I seems it is only the native Mac programs that are unable to use account track.

Hi

I've been able to print this way with everything BUT web browsers (Safari & Chrome) Haven't tried Firefox yet.

I'm working on a C250i.

The job is sent to the printer, Errors out and gives "Group admin Error"

Customer has tried the pop up as well.

Any thoughts?

Barbara

Have seen this before with Mac drivers when customer updated OS , took Konica about 3 or 4 months for new driver. Think your screwed until Konica updates driver.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Question Re: Account track and Mac 10.14 drivers

Is print without Authentication enabled?

Admin-User Auth/Acc track-Print with out authentication

This might atleast allow them to print again without having to turn off account track all together.

then when/if driver gets released for 10.14 you can install that and continue using codes to print.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

If you post this question in the connectivity forum you will probably find that this is a limitation that all vendors struggle with and it's due to an Apple Mac OS specification.

One example (Xerox):
    Solved: "Xerox Features" driver doesn''t load in Safari 10... - Page 2 - Customer Support Forum
    Last edited by B0265; 09-05-2019 at 12:38 PM.

I am having this issue with a Mac 10.14.6 that I installed yesterday on a C284e, I installed the driver but can not add account track # in the driver because it is not available. I am going back out today with some of this info and am going to install Adobe reader to see if this works. Has anyone found any other solutions or is this it so far?
    Last edited by copiertec; 01-08-2020 at 12:48 PM.

This may not help, but might explain...

For those of you that have been stumped by the missing authentication features on the MAC drivers....
    There is no known fix for the issue, this is an issue caused by Apple and to the best of my knowledge not something the vendors can fix, and it's affecting multiple vendors. Here's some further info and a work around:

In MacOS 10.14, all applications have a feature called "Library Validation" enforced on them by the Operating System which removes the ability for us to enter the Account Track / User Authentication code in the drivers. The Output Method in the print driver will be missing and replaced by Printer Features which has an option for Account Track but, nowhere to enter the code for it. This has since been resolved with OS 10.14.5. You still won't be able to enter in the codes for Apple specific applications like Safari or Notes but you should have the option to in 3rd party applications like Chrome.

Notes from Xerox on this "feature": Xerox_KB_Library_Validation_v10.pdf

Notes from Google discussing adding this feature and deciding not to because it break Print Dialog Extensions: Link

The only work around we've found is to go to the account track / authentication settings in a 3rd party program on the Mac, enter the information there like you normally would and then it will "carry over" to the native apps that come with the Mac. I know of no way to mass deploy settings in a Mac environment.