Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    status notification via IP - Program


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    756
    Rep Power
    26

    Question status notification via IP - Program

    What program do you use when setting Status Notifications to go via IP instead of email?

    My inbox gets flooded with emails and its getting bit frustrating. Was hoping the IP option would report everything to a nice neat little program instead?

  2. #2
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    status notification via IP - Program

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    4,639
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: status notification via IP - Program

    Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    What program do you use when setting Status Notifications to go via IP instead of email? My inbox gets flooded with emails and its getting bit frustrating. Was hoping the IP option would report everything to a nice neat little program instead?
    there was a thread a while ago about this.... several suggestions were made .

    sounds like what you want is an MPS reporting software.

  3. #3
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    status notification via IP - Program


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    756
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: status notification via IP - Program

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    there was a thread a while ago about this.... several suggestions were made .

    sounds like what you want is an MPS reporting software.

    i had a quick search but didn't see anything

    yeah but i dont need to monitor print jobs. just status for service calls and so fourth.

    on closer investigation it seems it would need to point to a local IP as i dont think it can send SNMP traffic over the internet so maybe it wont do what i want.

  4. #4
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    status notification via IP - Program

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    4,639
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: status notification via IP - Program

    Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    i had a quick search but didn't see anything
    yeah but i dont need to monitor print jobs. just status for service calls and so fourth.
    on closer investigation it seems it would need to point to a local IP as i dont think it can send SNMP traffic over the internet so maybe it wont do what i want.
    search ctn for " MPS Software " a bunch of threads...

    MPS Software

  5. #5
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Pooler, GA
    Posts
    199
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: status notification via IP - Program

    KonicaMinolta has Pagescope Data Administrator. Allows monitoring of KonicaMinolta equipment. Will also allow the management of the address book. I dod not believe it shows other devices on the network though.

    Kyocera Net Viewer does sho other devices but of only allows manipulation of Kyocera devices. Non-Kyocera status's maybe limited in what they show.

    Both are free to download and use.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •