Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    PRT/IR Error L-1 L2 L-3

Re: PRT/IR Error L-1 L2 L-3

Resetting the counter on drums/Imaging units is dubious at best--you will eventually need to replace some parts for sure! And there are a lot of things you need to need to consider after that like clean filters, rollers (many many many rollers), clean paper dust out of all the things, et cetera. Do not buy chips unless you cannot figure out how to change the settings--it is a waste of money and "confuses" the machine.

If you figure out how to change the settings (make it work without rechiping), this can work for you if you maintain the machine properly. HOWEVER you are eventually going to have print quality issues. Buy a service manual and show these guys that you are competent enough to read and understand the content. [if you do this be very cautious you can quickly mess up your 200.00 machine] Most of these guys here depend on people like you to make a living so they tend to get crabby toward end users.

All that said, if you do not have the time to figure this stuff out, you need to hire a tech to at least show you some stuff (if he/she is willing) and go through the machine to properly clean it and supply a list of things that you need to get immediately and what you can possible skimp out on (you got it cheap enough).

PRT/IR Error L-1 L2 L-3

Quote Originally Posted by CompyTech View Post
    The c364 is quite old actually, the guts are generally fine but the software inside the machine is outdated. The older models actually came without the stoplife settings enabled. Unfortunately it sounds like you'll need to update the firmware first before you can turn off the end of life settings. I would advise against re-chipping the drums, all it would do is reset the counters and mess up your print quality even worse.

Good luck.
    I think the end life options are available in the CE section on these models, no?

DIY Guy
    PRT/IR Error L-1 L2 L-3

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    Resetting the counter on drums/Imaging units is dubious at best--you will eventually need to replace some parts for sure! And there are a lot of things you need to need to consider after that like clean filters, rollers (many many many rollers), clean paper dust out of all the things, et cetera. Do not buy chips unless you cannot figure out how to change the settings--it is a waste of money and "confuses" the machine.

If you figure out how to change the settings (make it work without rechiping), this can work for you if you maintain the machine properly. HOWEVER you are eventually going to have print quality issues. Buy a service manual and show these guys that you are competent enough to read and understand the content. [if you do this be very cautious you can quickly mess up your 200.00 machine] Most of these guys here depend on people like you to make a living so they tend to get crabby toward end users.

All that said, if you do not have the time to figure this stuff out, you need to hire a tech to at least show you some stuff (if he/she is willing) and go through the machine to properly clean it and supply a list of things that you need to get immediately and what you can possible skimp out on (you got it cheap enough).
    Thanks. Good to see friendly advise. I was already doubting if there was any good techs out there. Everyone tried to beat me down like if this machine was going to explode if I didnt hire a tech. I kept saying to myself, “Its a printer not an airplane” (its a joke, please don’t take it serious)

PRT/IR Error L-1 L2 L-3

Quote Originally Posted by jose60623 View Post
    Thanks. Good to see friendly advise. I was already doubting if there was any good techs out there. Everyone tried to beat me down like if this machine was going to explode if I didnt hire a tech. I kept saying to myself, “Its a printer not an airplane” (its a joke, please don’t take it serious)
    Well...it might explode if you get a tech or not!

In some ways, this industry is just as complicated as a prop-plane (probably more). Again, a lot of these guys have spent their entire life figuring this stuff out, so never be dismissive--be humble--there is a lot more here than meets the eye!

If you want to try and figure this stuff out on you own, do the legwork, and if you cannot make sense of things we are here (in a very minor capacity if you dont become adept).

* I recommend hiring a tech to at least put you on the right path. Then go from there. *

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    PRT/IR Error L-1 L2 L-3

Quote Originally Posted by jose60623 View Post
    Thanks. Good to see friendly advise. I kept saying to myself, “Its a printer not an airplane” (its a joke, please don’t take it serious)
    Oops! I was going to say something, but I've forgotten what it was.

I mean, how hard can it be if a bunch of shmucks like this can do it? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Lucky these OEM's does not make aircraft. Imagine the firmware F"*$%^ out mid flight. Abort code C-FA14...

Konica Minolta 393. Now even cheaper and lighter, but with a million rivets more...
    Whatever

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

I think the end life options are available in the CE section on these models, no?
    Per bulletin 8607 There was a serial cut-in for the ULOS settings on the early 4 series. Those that fell out of range required firmware update and changing of software switches to enable the settings. Found this out the hard way.

PRT/IR Error L-1 L2 L-3

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Lucky these OEM's does not make aircraft. Imagine the firmware F"*$%^ out mid flight. Abort code C-FA14...

Konica Minolta 393. Now even cheaper and lighter, but with a million rivets more...
    Haha, I can see it now: No Animation Date on all instrument clusters and a broken English version of Hal (Space Odyssey).

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    PRT/IR Error L-1 L2 L-3

Haha, I can see it now: No Animation Date on all instrument clusters and a broken English version of Hal (Space Odyssey).
    "Off and on it the power Dave"

PRT/IR Error L-1 L2 L-3

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    "Off and on it the power Dave"
    haha!!!
    While we are at our funny-take-over, every time I see Allan's posts I hear this play in my head: