Thread: C284e

C284e

I have a C284e that has SD-511 in the finisher. My problem is when paper reaches finisher to be center folded and stapled, the first saddle staple cartridge leaves an indention where the staple is supposed to be but does not put a staple through the paper, the second saddle staple cartridge does however place the a staple through the center of the paper like it is supposed to. A tech before me replaced the first staple cartridge (A10DP00100) and the copier functioned properly for maybe a month and now the machine is back to doing the problem described. I've checked the service manual on the machine and there is no mention of this problem.

Re: C284e

You need a jig to replace the staplers on these?
    Whatever

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Swap the two cartridges around to see if the fault transfers over. If it does then re seat the clear staple holder (the piece with the staples in) in the affected cartridge.

Ive seen a few of these not located properly which eventually causes the staples to misfeed.

Quote Originally Posted by tech51 View Post
    Swap the two cartridges around to see if the fault transfers over. If it does then re seat the clear staple holder (the piece with the staples in) in the affected cartridge.

Ive seen a few of these not located properly which eventually causes the staples to misfeed.

Went to check the machine today and attempt to swap staple cartridges but the machine was fully functional. This happened before though, we replaced the staple cartridge and the machine functioned fine for a while but after a while the same problem occurred. Any idea of what might be happening?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C284e

Quote Originally Posted by Gina82 View Post
    Went to check the machine today and attempt to swap staple cartridges but the machine was fully functional. This happened before though, we replaced the staple cartridge and the machine functioned fine for a while but after a while the same problem occurred. Any idea of what might be happening?

Gremlins?

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Had one do this recently. Swapped the cartridges around, with no change. Had to be a problem with the clincher in the SD, unfortunately the stapler unit is non repairable and no parts are made for it so you have to replace the entire stapler unit. I tried to order a new stapler unit, but the company didn't want to spend the money and we swapped out the finisher instead.

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    Gremlins?
    At this point, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was lol

So I swapped the staple cartridges around as suggested first. This seems to have fixed my problem. I have checked on this machine twice since then and is running like a champ so far.

Thanks for the help!