Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Inexplicable Horizontal Lines: Colour Specific, Multiple Machines

Hey folks, sorry for the delay, it took a bit to get a tech to come out. He's printed the halftones and colour test patches, and again insisted it must be 'file side', even though we've been sourcing from different computers, using different programs, saving different files...

Here's the test sheets. I tried to strike a balance of large enough to get detail, but small enough to not glut servers or page load times...

For info, these all show the width of the feed line, but they're pretty clean. I overlaid the sheets for some to save photos, but the prints look consistent and clean.
    (Note, on one there's a squiggle from where a corona had to be replaced. It was, and that was not the source of the issue!)

Any help is welcome!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pretty good looking tones. So engine looks good.
    When printing half-tones it should be done at level 125 of 255 to show more detail.
    No clue
    Whatever

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Inexplicable Horizontal Lines: Colour Specific, Multiple Machines

fwiw to eliminate a physical issue, print the file at 125% % 75% zoom. if the problem gets bigger/smaller with the issue its the file, if it stays the same place on the paper but in a different place on the image it likely the copier.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Inexplicable Horizontal Lines: Colour Specific, Multiple Machines

I agree that it's good overall fill, but to see the problem you'll want a lighter fill rate. Do you know how to print the internal test pages? Try 125 down to perhaps 110. I'm sticking with my original diagnosis (a flaw in the print data, not an engine problem). =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Sorry for the delays, work has been busy and running around!

Two new photos: The "Zing" is a 200% image increase. The errors remain the same size and roughly the same location. I know the lighting's not the best, but you can see it at the bottom of the N and I, holding to all the same rules: inconsistent laterally, inconsistent vertically, same width of band, always after the leading edge has started printing an orange.

Weirdly, we also noticed it on the inverse, so it's not just an "orange spot rendering on X background" issue - it's dark blue text with an orange full-fill background, and it just shows up in the occasional kern and counter!

I've attached photos of both here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Inexplicable Horizontal Lines: Colour Specific *Solved* (maybe?)

Hey folks, had a different tech come in yesterday, give the machine an entire physical and psychological exam. Fixed a bunch of un-related issues, but most importantly, as far as I can tell solved our issue with the spot colours!

Don't ask me how, but somewhere in the profiles of custom or adjusted spots, something had gotten corrupted. We did a "delete all" in essence of any spot colour cluster that was not factory-default, and it cleared up the issue.

I have no idea why it was exclusively affecting instances of magenta and yellow toner with darker borders, but we've run a few test prints since and had no issues. Obviously it's a bit too early to call it 100% fixed, since it was sporadic at the best of times, but if anyone ends up seeing something like this on another machine, probable solution is spot colour grumpiness!