Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: bizhub C224 paper select issue.

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    To be clear I mean

Utility - user settings - system settings - paper tray settings - auto tray selection settings

And tray with A3 is highlighted yellow?

Alsoake sure your A3 tray is set to Plain paper
    oh ... ok thanks i try

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by alamsandhu View Post
    check the Bypass paper senor is actuated, remove the paper or the particle blocking the bypass paper feed! might be Paper feed Empty sensor is blocked.
    His problem is the machine detects paper on the glass when it's not there i'm assuming. I had this issue today and am looking for a fix. When I close doc feed it thinks there is an original on the glass. If I lift it up a couple inches and back down again it fixes it. Also, weird, but if I power cycle it doesn't do it.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    bizhub C224  paper select issue.

Quote Originally Posted by greglogston View Post
    His problem is the machine detects paper on the glass when it's not there i'm assuming. I had this issue today and am looking for a fix. When I close doc feed it thinks there is an original on the glass. If I lift it up a couple inches and back down again it fixes it. Also, weird, but if I power cycle it doesn't do it.
    Cleaning the underside of the glass almost always fixes that problem

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Cleaning the underside of the glass almost always fixes that problem
    No. tried that. I couldn’t even do non image area erase. After power restart I was able to non image area and problem went away and comes back after a day or so.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

im confused. is the OP saying that

detects original size as A3 on glass when it shouldnt

or

when you try to print A3 it doesnt take it from A3 tray and instead ask you to load paper in bypass/manual feed tray?

i thought it was that A3 tray issue

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Just wanted to add some input to this thread. We had a C308 with this same problem and tried everything. As a last resort we replaced the MFP board and it fixed it.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Weird, Just today had a C224 today that wouldn't pull from bypass. 4 drawer config with 2 drawers thick, 11x17, 5.5x8.5. By pass is 11x8.5 and machine recognizes size correctly. No ADF has just Orig cover, Place original on glass and messg on display to put 11x8.5 on bypass tray, take paper out of bypass, put back in, hit print button again, and finally it pulls from bypass tray as it should. Tried setting to manual and same thing. Yes it's on "plain" paper and sees correct paper size on bypass tray when idle.

Told customer would stop back next week when I had more time, was there for a few other things not that. They said no big deal and have gotten use to it. Told them it is a big deal because they shouldn''t have to jump over hoops to make a friggin copy! 4 or 5 steps to make a copy is way too many. 2 steps max, Place original on glass or ADF, hit start (if only one copy is needed)

After reading some of the posts here will clean the optics, sensors under glass & bypass tray sensors to start with. Any other suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greglogston View Post
    It happened to me too on an MFP just out of the carton. If you do sensor check with the DF open and you see that the sensor under the glass works, the problem is the DF adjustment.

Behind the DF, on the right side (looking at the MFP from behind), you have to screw/unscrew the vertical screw to adjust the correct closing height. In my case I had lowered too much and continued to take A3. After the adjustment I didn't have the problem anymore.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Weird, Just today had a C224 today that wouldn't pull from bypass. 4 drawer config with 2 drawers thick, 11x17, 5.5x8.5. By pass is 11x8.5 and machine recognizes size correctly. No ADF has just Orig cover, Place original on glass and messg on display to put 11x8.5 on bypass tray, take paper out of bypass, put back in, hit print button again, and finally it pulls from bypass tray as it should. Tried setting to manual and same thing. Yes it's on "plain" paper and sees correct paper size on bypass tray when idle.

Told customer would stop back next week when I had more time, was there for a few other things not that. They said no big deal and have gotten use to it. Told them it is a big deal because they shouldn''t have to jump over hoops to make a friggin copy! 4 or 5 steps to make a copy is way too many. 2 steps max, Place original on glass or ADF, hit start (if only one copy is needed)

After reading some of the posts here will clean the optics, sensors under glass & bypass tray sensors to start with. Any other suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Go into user settings, system settings, paper tray settings, auto tray selection and make sure bypass tray is highlighted.