Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    konica c284 Fuser/exit section squeaking noise when idle

Re: konica c284 Fuser/exit section squeaking noise when idle

No need to say sorry for your opinion. That's what these forums are for. But dude, those type of fans, they will make noises but not "squeak". That is why I put in parentheses. I maintain maybe 75 - 100 of them and never heard a fan "squeak" in a 4 series. You will get noises from the fuser area mostly and 2nd most common is if it has a floor finisher FS-534 or 535 the transport bed bushings will "squeak" and annoying as hell. That's about the only noises I've heard in the 4 series since they been out 5-6 yrs.
    I guess you can call this post bullshit as well if you like. Public forums all about opinions dude!

I wanted to add maybe a squeak or squeal is different in everyone's opinion, my definition would be like metal to metal, but the type of fans used in copiers now a days, i.e. brushless, etc don't have metal touching metal parts?
    Last edited by copyman; 03-13-2019 at 02:50 AM.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    No need to say sorry for your opinion. That's what these forums are for. But dude, those type of fans, they will make noises but not "squeak". That is why I put in parentheses. I maintain maybe 75 - 100 of them and never heard a fan "squeak" in a 4 series. You will get noises from the fuser area mostly and 2nd most common is if it has a floor finisher FS-534 or 535 the transport bed bushings will "squeak" and annoying as hell. That's about the only noises I've heard in the 4 series since they been out 5-6 yrs.
    I guess you can call this post bullshit as well if you like. Public forums all about opinions dude!
    You have been incredibly lucky. I have had plenty of fuser issues on this series. I have actually had to replace two because of bearing failures. I opened the right hand door and had ball bearings fall on the floor.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Perhaps lucky but most of my accounts are low volume. Probably overkill for some of them but have my customers educated about paying more up front and getting 5-7 yrs out of a machine with just putting toners in. Nothing else. It's worked out good. And seems by over selling the customer is always happy, well most of the time ha-ha.

I've had a few fusers go prematurely or the stock customer was running ruined fuser but not many for how many machines I have.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    the fuser rotates so it wont develop flat spots.
    i find the oil roller bushings are the squeaky culprit. replace them with brass and a drop of fuser oil. done.
    in worse cases i remove the oil roller assy totally and know i will have to replace the fuse in a month or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    He said the Fuser was replaced, maybe with new, maybe not.
    I have to correct my post regarding Fuser noise in this case. He maybe used old and worn out Fuser for test.
    Fuser on these idles at low speed and do noise. I have two C224e in our shop and one of them is quiet other not that much.
    The noise is more like low humming/scrape in my case, but can imagine that later it will develops.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.