Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bizhub 350 BW

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub 350 BW

Re: Bizhub 350 BW

Are you saying you can get 200-250k out of a drum? Does that include the developer & developer housing or do you change developer at 60K and put old drum back in? Reason I ask is one very common problem I had when rebuilding the units for the 2nd time was the rear mag roller collar would wear and eat into drum. Once Han's (member here) starting selling a modified collar I would change when rebuilding and could use the developer unit indefinitely after that.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Bizhub 350 BW

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Are you saying you can get 200-250k out of a drum? Does that include the developer & developer housing or do you change developer at 60K and put old drum back in? Reason I ask is one very common problem I had when rebuilding the units for the 2nd time was the rear mag roller collar would wear and eat into drum. Once Han's (member here) starting selling a modified collar I would change when rebuilding and could use the developer unit indefinitely after that.
    We stopped rebuilding drums a long time ago, there was really no savings. We use OEM drums. I said 150% to 200% of yield.
    We use the dev spacers from KonMin

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub 350 BW

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    We stopped rebuilding drums a long time ago, there was really no savings. We use OEM drums. I said 150% to 200% of yield.
    We use the dev spacers from KonMin
    Still confused, I know you said you used OEM. My question was what about the developer unit? Are you saying the developer last as long as the drum 150-200k? If that's the case then this is where using OEM could really pay off! Like I said i still have a few die hard customers still using a few of these as backup / warehouse machines so I may switch everything to OEM and see.

I said a few posts back not wasting anymore time on an obsolete model but just curious about developer lasting 200k

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Bizhub 350 BW

Still confused, I know you said you used OEM. My question was what about the developer unit? Are you saying the developer last as long as the drum 150-200k? If that's the case then this is where using OEM could really pay off! Like I said i still have a few die hard customers still using a few of these as backup / warehouse machines so I may switch everything to OEM and see.

I said a few posts back not wasting anymore time on an obsolete model but just curious about developer lasting 200k
    I don't remember the last time I had to replace a developer unit. We replace developer with every drum change.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

just noticed that the new developer unit is eating the drum. We replace the entire drum/developer and developer unit. This is OEM unit and we had less than 2K copies on it. Almost seem like the issue with bad bearing/seal that was on earlier unit post ?. However we just replaced this one. See attach picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub 350 BW

Known issue. Just by virtue of replacing the drum you "unsettled" the Dev unit seals. This bit me many times. Best practice to replace the Dev, Dev unit and drum at same time. Transfer roller can last life of machine if you ask me.
    Last edited by JR2ALTA; 05-19-2019 at 12:03 AM.

Yea sure even up to 400K depending on volume.

I would agree 220K average. There is a whole tweak list on this engine.

1 Replace the damper pads on the toner supply assy solenoids asap in the case of a 250/350 all the rest apply up to the 223/363/423 machines.
    2 Throw out the original thermistors and put kick ass 3de party parts in there.
    3 Remove any drum gear pieces from the drive unit.
    4 Chamfer the edge of the drive gear on the drum. You remove the shearing points and the drum gear is much much less likely to chew itself.
    5 Replace the DS rolls on every dev change inspect the dev seals even started super glueing(on own risk) the new dev seals in place on the doctorblade fixing and texturerise any shiny bands on the mag roller.
    6 Make sure if the there is no crap on the charge unit like the previously badly scraped drums green opc shavings .
    7 If the transfer roller drum guides are sharp replace the roller. Mmm 3d printer got some work.
    8 Cut the transfer roller spring by about 2 turns that would greatly reduce the pressure applied to the drum guides and your paper guide,
    9 But thicker stock could cause a bump like a jitter when the paper hits the guide and the transfer roller will carry toner to the back side of the next page.
    10 Only other thing is the oneway feed clutch the surface it runs on needs to be roughend up with a file or scored with a blade I like the latter because it makes the pins bounce.
    11 Use Dry cleaning like spray to clean the clutches.
    12 If you take care of the dev tank by keeping crap out of it the dev goes on and on.

Was bored.
    Last edited by allan; 05-19-2019 at 09:42 AM.
    Whatever

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hello Alan

wow.... trying to digest this.

We did replace the entire developer unit, developer and transfer roller. The unit work fine for a while than started to leave toner on the back of some pages especially on duplex copies. than we just notice that it is chewing the transfer roller. so what did we miss?

Replaced the transfer roller?
    HV board?

Was not just bored but completely sloshed when i wrote that post after being out...
    Whatever

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Bizhub 350 BW

Quote Originally Posted by wkwar View Post
    just noticed that the new developer unit is eating the drum. We replace the entire drum/developer and developer unit. This is OEM unit and we had less than 2K copies on it. Almost seem like the issue with bad bearing/seal that was on earlier unit post ?. However we just replaced this one. See attach picture.
    When replacing the transfer roller use the one for the BH423.