Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C3850 main screen button change?

Anyone know how to remove buttons on the main screen ?

I’ve tried going into admin mode then system settings then main menu default but there’s no place in there to change the buttons

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Re: C3850 main screen button change?

From the user manual:

[Registered Key Settings]
    To display: [Utility] - [Administrator Settings] - [System Settings] - [Registered Key Settings]

Not sure if you can change them like on the later models because the C3851 control panel is more similar to the 4e and 8 series than the C3850 is, if I'm remembering correctly. But who knows since I'm old and have C.R.S.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Yeah that was my thinking also but it does not work . There’s a button on there that says app APP that I want to remove for the client

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Just discovered something that might help. I was working on a bh284e and had to update FW to the latest version. The machine was on function version 3 and had the web browser and external apps buttons on the menu screen but were grayed out. I updated the FW to latest and then set correct function version to 7 and then those buttons disappeared.

So, check that you have the latest FW installed for the C3850 and that the correct Function Version is set. Maybe that will do the trick.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

[Utility]
    • [Administrator Settings]
      • [System Settings]
        • [Custom Display Settings]
          • [Main Menu Default Settings]
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrfuser View Post
    Yeah that was my thinking also but it does not work . There’s a button on there that says app APP that I want to remove for the client
    There must be some Openapi application installed, what is shown if you press that button?

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    Just discovered something that might help. I was working on a bh284e and had to update FW to the latest version. The machine was on function version 3 and had the web browser and external apps buttons on the menu screen but were grayed out. I updated the FW to latest and then set correct function version to 7 and then those buttons disappeared.

So, check that you have the latest FW installed for the C3850 and that the correct Function Version is set. Maybe that will do the trick.

Always wondered how to get web browser menu off a 365 thanks

Use the API Manager app and see if something got installed and just remove it