Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Bizhub C353 backgrounding

Hello Gentlemen and Gentlemen (if there are any ladies present, i apologize)

was called to this machine today with multicolored background (all colors), no problems printing mono, no error codes, no P codes

removed laser units & blank lamps & cleaned, replaced M imaging unit with a brand new one, no change to the M part of the equation - ITB looks near new and ITB cleaning unit is working well, also cleaned ITB sensors & performed stabilization (clear data) and all gradations

changing 'background voltage' in service mode reduced but did not eliminate the problem - the attachment has the background voltage at max(or is that min) so you can actually see the problem

anyone seen this before got any eye deers? any help would be very much appreciated

thanks in advance

Andy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: Bizhub C353 backgrounding

Quote Originally Posted by aAandy View Post
    Hello Gentlemen and Gentlemen (if there are any ladies present, i apologize)

was called to this machine today with multicolored background (all colors), no problems printing mono, no error codes, no P codes

removed laser units & blank lamps & cleaned, replaced M imaging unit with a brand new one, no change to the M part of the equation - ITB looks near new and ITB cleaning unit is working well, also cleaned ITB sensors & performed stabilization (clear data) and all gradations

changing 'background voltage' in service mode reduced but did not eliminate the problem - the attachment has the background voltage at max(or is that min) so you can actually see the problem

anyone seen this before got any eye deers? any help would be very much appreciated

thanks in advance

Andy

What is the life of the transfer belt on?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    What is the life of the transfer belt on?
    to be honest i don't recall checking, when i see an ITB in such good condition i guess i don't look - besides, an ITB cannot transfer what isn't there - right?

where are you going with this train of thought? i should have done a stop test to see if the background was on the drums,,,, but i was pressed for time

two things are bothering me about the attachment,, the lines through the background, and the size/length of them - should be ringing bells,, but the bells are silent

Had it many times were its otherwise the HV cable or the laser ribbon cables that cause all kinds of weird stuff on these models.
    Or one of the IU's that arcs. Good old trouble shooting.
    Whatever

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aAandy View Post
    to be honest i don't recall checking, when i see an ITB in such good condition i guess i don't look - besides, an ITB cannot transfer what isn't there - right?

where are you going with this train of thought? i should have done a stop test to see if the background was on the drums,,,, but i was pressed for time

two things are bothering me about the attachment,, the lines through the background, and the size/length of them - should be ringing bells,, but the bells are silent
    You dont recall checking the transfer life? This is basic trouble shooting these counters are there to help you. A visual check is not always enough.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Is that cross hatch pattern on the original, or was it added when you scanned the document?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Try to block(temporarily) one of PH windows by tape. If background of that color disappears your PH unit may be faulty.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Is that cross hatch pattern on the original, or was it added when you scanned the document?
    it is on the original