Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Konica Minolta bizhub 454e dumping print job

Hello I have a strange problem. I have several users that print to a Konica Minolta bizhub 454e with no problem except for 1 user. When he goes to print the data lights flash on the unit as if it is processing the job and then nothing prints. It seems like the printer is just dumping every job. I have tried multiple drivers including the driver for the exact model and various Konica Minolta universal drivers (the same ones the other users are using successfully). We do direct IP Print to this printer and the job is clearing the local print queue with no errors. I have removed all print drivers from Print Management and re-installed from scratch. Any suggestions?

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Re: Konica Minolta bizhub 454e dumping print job

Quote Originally Posted by ecentdj View Post
    Hello I have a strange problem. I have several users that print to a Konica Minolta bizhub 454e with no problem except for 1 user. When he goes to print the data lights flash on the unit as if it is processing the job and then nothing prints. It seems like the printer is just dumping every job. I have tried multiple drivers including the driver for the exact model and various Konica Minolta universal drivers (the same ones the other users are using successfully). We do direct IP Print to this printer and the job is clearing the local print queue with no errors. I have removed all print drivers from Print Management and re-installed from scratch. Any suggestions?
    User authentication or account track?

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    User authentication or account track?
    To my knowledge the printer is not doing any type of authentication. In fact we moved this printer from a different area and the users that currently print to it had never previously printed to it. When I installed the printer on each computer, they were immediately able to print except for the 1 user I am referencing.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

To my knowledge the printer is not doing any type of authentication. In fact we moved this printer from a different area and the users that currently print to it had never previously printed to it. When I installed the printer on each computer, they were immediately able to print except for the 1 user I am referencing.
    Just to clarify the data light flashes then goes out as if its processing a job then deletes it? Is there anything indicated in the logs about deleted jobs and their reason?

Regards.

A.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

So what does job log on copier say?
    Can user access the copier web page?
    Have you got IP filters?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Does the driver emulation match the printers emulation? Most printers now can accept PS and PCL (if set to Auto emulation). But if it's set to PS and you send it PCL or vice versa you'd get those symptoms. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=