Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Exclamation Bizhub C224e Unknown Issue

Hello Techs,

[Entire Story]
    I have a low copy KM c224e (only 24060 transfer belt count), (Brand New Purchased 03/2016). This machine had a problem(moisture) with Duplex and Vertical Transport Sensors(Photointerrupters - A108M50100) from the first. All of the sensors been replaced by dealer's tech and the machine was working fine. In Aug 2018, there was some electrical issue going on in our area and the machine faced repeated power cuts at full load. From August end, I discovered some deep sleep issue(once the machine is in sleep mode it can't return from sleep, have to do full bootup). I just increased the sleep time and the problem was somehow solved. From Sept, it started panel freezing and by the end of sept it showed two sharkfin at the boot screen and froze there. Called the service tech and he told it's the MFP so I told him to check it in another machine and if results bad then swap it from another scrap machine as it'll be a total loss for me to buy brand new (They ask almost $1000 for new MFPB). Two weeks later he came with a board from a scrap, installed it and the machine didn't show any response (no display, just nothing). Then I refitted my old motherboard and took the K9 firmware from him.
    {My part starts}
    From the first I doubted that it must be another issue because if the motherboard is half booting and displays two sharkfins every time then it must be either HDD or the OS (as per Normal Computer troubleshooting). I did a CMOS battery reset, discharged the DC Power Supply(Type B) and prepared the MFPB reset usb with A145FW.TAR and put it in service port and voila. It booted up>>installed firmware>>rebooted>>machine is up..Did the diagnostic check from service menu, everything was good. I accidentally logical formatted the hdd so it returned a movie data error. Everything else was fine. Then in January end, it showed the issue again. I replaced the film connector b/w MFPB & PRCB. Two days earlier, Somehow managed to firmware it up, got the demo page printout>>network printed one calibration print(ColorCard.pdf)..everything was fine but after sometime, it went to sleep and didn't return back. Turned the main SW off & on and it didn't booted. Kept it like 5 or 6 mins, checked the process is heating up, Machine rear side cooling fan(FM3) is spinning.
    SSD FW ver 6.05m
    I don't know which part is causing this issue. Anyone help please...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub C224e Unknown Issue

Re: Bizhub C224e Unknown Issue

From August end, I discovered some deep sleep issue(once the machine is in sleep mode it can't return from sleep, have to do full bootup)
    this was a known issue. I just disable sleep and just had copier go into low power mode instead

Two weeks later he came with a board from a scrap, installed it and the machine didn't show any response
    Did he just change the MFP?
    The Manual states you can not do that or it will corrupt data.
    It had to be a brand new MFP, he might of screwed it even worse now.mfp.JPG
    Last edited by rrrohan; 04-16-2019 at 08:13 AM. Reason: add picture

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    this was a known issue. I just disable sleep and just had copier go into low power mode instead

Did he just change the MFP?
    The Manual states you can not do that or it will corrupt data.
    It had to be a brand new MFP, he might of screwed it even worse now.mfp.JPG
    After this, I have used the machine and printed approx 600-800 copies A3. And fortunately, that board was a dead board. I doubt that SSD is faulty and it showed freezing issues in Sept,18.

Question Re: Bizhub C224e Unknown Issue

11.jpg I found this from the forum which means my machine's SSD was bad from long ago. But I am wondering by which magical power it did run fine for the last two months and approx 800 copies been printed. I have no clue at all.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

is the meter reading count correct? this is good indication of if corruption occured

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    is the meter reading count correct? this is good indication of if corruption occured

yes..

and one more thing: though the machine is not booting up, if I plug the network cable green led is glowing.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

What I'm about to say may be nonsense but it happened to me.

A printer never turned on again. I was going to take it all apart, hoping to find the fault.

By pure chance, I opened the small door on the right to remove the network cable and I made a discovery ... some cables were almost detached and badly fixed.

Once I reattached them properly, the printer started working again.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Try turning on machine with the USB service port door open and no flash drive inserted. This metal cover is secured with one screw. This metal little cover blocks a sensor when closed. There is a bulletin about leaving this open for machine that won't boot up. It's just for troubleshooting purposes but will allow you to enter enter service modes etc. to format HDD, SSD, etc. I had one C224 I had to leave open permanently for customer to use machine.

Agree with other poster always turn off sleep mode. You have to go into service mode first and "permit" sleep mode change. Then turn off in admin mode.
    Last edited by copyman; 04-16-2019 at 01:00 PM.

Technician

If the screen stays black, it may be the ram

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Try turning on machine with the USB service port door open and no flash drive inserted. This metal cover is secured with one screw. This metal little cover blocks a sensor when closed. There is a bulletin about leaving this open for machine that won't boot up. It's just for troubleshooting purposes but will allow you to enter enter service modes etc. to format HDD, SSD, etc. I had one C224 I had to leave open permanently for customer to use machine.

Agree with other poster always turn off sleep mode. You have to go into service mode first and "permit" sleep mode change. Then turn off in admin mode.
    Have to try this one..