Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: B958 C9402

B958 C9402

Hi guys.

Ever had this on this model?

Happens once a month or so, 5 time since the year started at nicely spaced intervals.
    Switching it on and off gets it working again. So trouble shouting is in the dark. All seems in place.

What does it meant front side scanner lamp fails to extinguish??
    LED not turning off in time?

That seems to rule out the Flat cable and the LED.
    Not going to change out CCBD the SCDB and fore sure not the MFPB before it locks up on me.
    Whatever

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: B958 C9402

In this case I would start with KISS principle, rewriting the firmware.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Could not find any bulletins on this issue.
    But will give firmware a wack.

If it was firmware this very busy machine would have recreated the condition more than once a month.
    Leaning more to external or hardware related.

The only times i reload firmware is when it addresses a very specific issue or the firmware is clearly out of wack.
    Or replacing boards and peripherals.

Will do no harm upgrading it.
    Whatever

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Is this machine in an area that gets sunlight at any time? If so, maybe someone is opening the ADF and sunlight is shining in making the machine think the exposure LED is lighting abnormally.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    B958 C9402

We've got a bizhub 808 doing that in the office. The hotline recommended swapping CIS, cable, DF board, converter board, and MFP. Our tech tried two other complete DF assys, converter board and MFP.

It's still doing it. Hotline is insisting that that changing individual parts will work, not the whole DF. I'm not buying it. Three new complete DF's will not have the exact same problem.

It's still broke. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    We've got a bizhub 808 doing that in the office. The hotline recommended swapping CIS, cable, DF board, converter board, and MFP. Our tech tried two other complete DF assys, converter board and MFP.

It's still doing it. Hotline is insisting that that changing individual parts will work, not the whole DF. I'm not buying it. Three new complete DF's will not have the exact same problem.

It's still broke. =^..^=
    I would try to change LED Exposure unit (A61FM31100).
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    Is this machine in an area that gets sunlight at any time? If so, maybe someone is opening the ADF and sunlight is shining in making the machine think the exposure LED is lighting abnormally.

Now thinking back on it the lady was asking me on how book copy works and created a program button for her. She leaves the DF open when doing book separation copy...
    If you don't deselect the non-image erase function it scans the document like four times and she complained about the time that takes. Disabling it makes the black borders and warned her about toner use and jams but she preferred being able
    to get thru the book quicker.
    Really silly other brand does a much better job of erasing environmental exposure with the DF open.

Could be related to that?
    Whatever

Teach them to use paper pieces on the glass around book, took like a minute to cut them and place onto right places.