Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts gitana1983's Avatar

Lightbulb minolta bizhub c368 custom size issue

Hello everyone,
    Quick question, have been trying for a while to print a custom size paper (7x9) on one of the trays of a minolta bizhub c368 since is for a printing place and have a large job on that size that using the bypass is not cost efficient, but no driver will allow me to do so. Is this even possible? If so what are the steps? Have not found anything in the manual. Please help! It will be greatly appreciated any idea. Thanks

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    minolta bizhub c368 custom size issue

Re: minolta bizhub c368 custom size issue

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1983 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    Quick question, have been trying for a while to print a custom size paper (7x9) on one of the trays of a minolta bizhub c368 since is for a printing place and have a large job on that size that using the bypass is not cost efficient, but no driver will allow me to do so. Is this even possible? If so what are the steps? Have not found anything in the manual. Please help! It will be greatly appreciated any idea. Thanks

what is "large amounts"?

Have you looked into an "Envelope Feeder" for the manual feed tray?

or maybe something like a "Straight Shooter" feeder? I have used them on OKI 911 - e941... Super easy setup .. sturdy ... fast... simple... greta support!

Straight Shooter Equipment Company

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Hello everyone,
    when you say not cost effective to use bypass tray are you referring to the fact it cant hold much paper?

as far as i know the only option would to just load letter size paper in one of the larger trays and guillotine it after printing.

The only tray you can set custom size is the bypass tray.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Hello everyone,
    ok 7x9"

shiny stock?

what gsm?

more info needed.

MOST units have a hard time with heavy stock from ANY tray except MP tray

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    what is "large amounts"?

Have you looked into an "Envelope Feeder" for the manual feed tray?

or maybe something like a "Straight Shooter" feeder? I have used them on OKI 911 - e941... Super easy setup .. sturdy ... fast... simple... greta support!

Straight Shooter Equipment Company
    Thanks for your help, large amounts is about 10,000. I have looked into specialty trays like an envelope feeder but I don't find anything similar nor in the brochure or manual. If you know if this has an accessory like that and the part number let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    when you say not cost effective to use bypass tray are you referring to the fact it cant hold much paper?

as far as i know the only option would to just load letter size paper in one of the larger trays and guillotine it after printing.

The only tray you can set custom size is the bypass tray.
    Hello, thanks for your reply, here are more details. Is a pre-printed, pre-cut flyer and pretty much what needs to be printed on them is a name and address on it, for that reason has to be that specific size and the job is about 10,000 prints, therefore loading the bypass so often takes too much time.

I guess this model doesn't do it, do you know which Minolta will have that type of customization?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    ok 7x9"

shiny stock?

what gsm?

more info needed.

MOST units have a hard time with heavy stock from ANY tray except MP tray
    Hello, thanks for your help, here are more details. Is a pre-printed, pre-cut flyer, less than 20 lb maybe like 15lb paper weight, size 7X9 and pretty much what needs to be printed on them is a name and address on it, for that reason has to be that specific size and the job is about 10,000 prints, therefore loading the bypass so often takes too much time.

I guess this model doesn't do it, do you know which Minolta will have that type of customization?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

The C368 "refresh model" allows that you load custom size paper in tray 1/2. I suppose you can order a complete "new version" paper tray, you might also need a firmware update.
    Last edited by B0265; 04-23-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

It is quite close to the metric size B5. Can you try that in one of the paper trays? It isn't exact, but it might pass without error.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    It is quite close to the metric size B5. Can you try that in one of the paper trays? It isn't exact, but it might pass without error.
    Never mind. I just tried and it won't work. I was able to pass paper using the 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 setting but it would likely change zoom settings doing that.