Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black line C258

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Black line C258

abtast10.jpg
    hi, today I found a strange call.

the customer signals me a black line on his bizhub c258. The printer has only 60k and this seems a little strange to me.

The sign is perfectly linear and always in the same point. Sometimes it is more evident sometimes a little lighter. I found a toner line in the metal part of the belt roller. I cleaned without result.

It happens both in color and black and white prints. The surface of the black drum does not seem to have signs, as soon as I extracted I found a white dot that I removed but did not solve the problem.

The calibration is unfortunately not worked.
    Some idea?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Black line C258

I would crash stop machine during copy/print to see where is the black line. It looks like K drum has small scratch, or its cleaning blade fails. Check for small piles of toner/developer along dev unit, TBU etc. Good luck.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Well if it’s done 60k and not had a k drum, chances are it will need one.

Have you run the halftone test patterns in tech rep yet?

That should point you you in the right direction.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Black line C258

If you run single colors in test mode and no lines on the 3 colors then only thing it could be is K drum. It use to be easy to confirm this by swapping K drum & chip with a color drum, but now the chips are riveted in.

Think you are going to find it is the K drum.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Black line C258

If the black drum has reached it yield there is a 99.99% chance the drum is at fault.

At 60k I highly doubt that K drum is due(by any count), but yet it seems most likely at fault.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    At 60k I highly doubt that K drum is due(by any count), but yet it seems most likely at fault.
    It’s not a question of copies but how many minutes the drum has run. Don’t forget that stabilisation etc rotates the drums/devs but doesn’t produce a copy.
    I once had a c550 that was used mainly for scanning and the occasional print, wore out image units due to stabilisation, not printing.

Black line C258

I replaced a C308 black drum last week for a similar problem. Drum surface looked beautiful, but the new drum cleared it right up.

Yeah, long time ago I heard about drums rotations time, cars oil change based not on mileage but on actual usage/idling/driving conditions etc. Still can't believe that in this case K drum is due by any count.

Yeah, long time ago I heard about drums rotations time, cars oil change based not on mileage but on actual usage/idling/driving conditions etc. Still can't believe that in this case K drum is due by any count.
    My experience is that these drums are highly unpredictable.

I’ve had them fail at at 50% life before now yet some go past life, go figure!

We are starting to use the long life drums that are available now but it’s to early to tell how much of an improvement they are.