Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Question Scan to SMB Login Error

Hello Experts!

I was wondering if you guys can give me a piece of advice or any useful tip to solve my issue with Konica Minolta bizhub 367 scan-to-SMB.
    Error Details: Login Error
    Network Error Code: N/A (Didnt turn that option ON)
    Operating System : Windows 10
    User ID is outlook/hotmail microsoft accounts ID, Password is PIN. On the other hand one user is using separate user name and password but error is same. Login error. I have entered user name and password correctly. double checked that. I have also enabled SMB Authentication in network settings to NTLM V1 & V2 but error is same.

IF THIS IS DUE TO ANY WINDOWS UPDATE WHICH DISABLE SMB PLEASE GIVE ME SUGGESTION!

Many Thanks in advance

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Scan to SMB Login Error

Re: Scan to SMB Login Error

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    Hello Experts!

I was wondering if you guys can give me a piece of advice or any useful tip to solve my issue with Konica Minolta bizhub 367 scan-to-SMB.
    User ID is outlook/hotmail microsoft accounts ID, Password is PIN. On the other hand one user is using separate user name and password but error is same. Login error. I have entered user name and password correctly. double checked that. I have also enabled SMB Authentication in network settings to NTLM V1 & V2 but error is same.

IF THIS IS DUE TO ANY WINDOWS UPDATE WHICH DISABLE SMB PLEASE GIVE ME SUGGESTION!

Many Thanks in advance
    up grade firmware?

u

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Scan to SMB Login Error

Hello Experts!

Many Thanks in advance
    Windows 10 came with enhanced security system, locking protocol versions SMB v1 and v2.
    I do not remember which versions of SMB the Bizhub 367 has available. If it is not compatible, try talking NTLM 1.0 and 2.0.

If it does not resolve, you can also unlock SMB 1.0 and 2.0 protocols in Windows 10.

However, the system will be vulnerable, less secure. Many do not recommend this method. But you will have no choice.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Scan to SMB Login Error

Quote Originally Posted by tulintron View Post

If it does not resolve, you can also unlock SMB 1.0 and 2.0 protocols in Windows 10.

However, the system will be vulnerable, less secure. Many do not recommend this method. But you will have no choice.

Scan to ftp is a choice. Install basic ftp server through the OS or an ftp server utility ( Filezilla, Quick-n-easy ftp).

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Scan to SMB Login Error

Turn password protected sharing off in the network and sharing center, advanced sharing setting

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Highlight the folder you are scanning too:
    Properties
    Sharing tab
    Advanced sharing
    Make sure the account you are using is listed, give full rights

Konicaminolta has it's own FTP utility that works well.

You can also look at the event viewer to see what is going on:
    Run
    Event Viewer
    Applications and Services Log
    Microsoft
    Windows
    Scroll to SMBClient, SMBDirect, SMBServer

Depending on where the error occurs one of these will have an error under Connectivity, Operational, or Security. Just look at the times. If no errors are found for the time that the scan is done the machine is never getting a communication to the computer. This then becomes a network issue. FTP may still work, just means there is a SMB protocol related issue of some kind. I have seen various errors such as Authentication error, SMB V1 communication attempt, and SMBV2/V3 attempt.

In some case you can try changing the user from Standard to Administrator or the other way around.

If wireless, I have had better luck with wireless set to Private instead of Public.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by tulintron View Post
    Windows 10 came with enhanced security system, locking protocol versions SMB v1 and v2.
    I do not remember which versions of SMB the Bizhub 367 has available. If it is not compatible, try talking NTLM 1.0 and 2.0.

Thank you very much for your generous reply.

I have checked NTLM V1 and NTLM V2 both but error remains same. How can i unlock SMB 1.0 and 2.0 Protocols in windows 10?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by darry1322 View Post
    Scan to ftp is a choice. Install basic ftp server through the OS or an ftp server utility ( Filezilla, Quick-n-easy ftp).
    Thanks for your reply.
    I never tried setting up FTP server option. Can you please guide how to do that?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Scan to SMB Login Error

Password is PIN
    pretty sure you cant use the PIN method to authenticate youd need to use the full password

norm what i do is plug my own laptop into customers network and try to browse to exact folder share as copier is trying to scan to.

use the same login credentials as your using at the copier and see if it also fails.

if it does then its a credentials issue or similar. if it works then you know copier just needs tweaking

Thanks for your reply.
    I never tried setting up FTP server option. Can you please guide how to do that?
    have a read through this if you dont want to install a dedicated FTP server program

How to set up and manage an FTP server on Windows 10 | Windows Central

if your just making the root directory of ftp the scan folder in folder path just put " \ " backslash
    Last edited by rrrohan; 05-13-2019 at 04:09 AM. Reason: added FTP server setup guide

Thank you very much for your generous reply.

How can i unlock SMB 1.0 and 2.0 Protocols in windows 10?
    Hi,

Control Panel - Programs and features - turn windows features on or off - In the next windows are two SMB options to select. I install both everytime i need to handle sharing to windows 10. Remember to turn off password sharing to make things easier.
    Hope it helps.

smb.jpg