Quote Originally Posted by Leebs14 View Post
Firsty I apologise if this has been previously covered, which I am guessing it has, but I couldnt find anything through the search function.

My customer IT people have migrated them to Office365 and have failed to get the Bizhub scanning, so I was asked to help. they are trying to use a generic email address (scanner@Companyename.co.uk) as the scanners address and are using an office365 account details as the smtp authentication but when they send a scan the machine says its sent complete in its log but the scan never arrives? Its not in junk or anywhere, it's not even showing as arriving at the Office365 smtp server??

So I set the machine up using my own office365 set up including my email address and it worked first time every time to all the staff, but the email was being sent from my office365 email address. I have told the IT guys that as far as I am aware Offic365 needs to validate the email address against the username/password authentication ohterwise it won't work, but they are not having it, they're saying it should work with a generic email address??

All I know is my customer is getting 'cheesed off' with it not working and I am asking for advice on how i can get this to work or to know why it won't work as they want it to?
Hope this makes sense???
You are right about valid email for authentication. You can check out this link and send it to them.:
How to set up a multifunction device or application to send email using Office 365 | Microsoft Docs

more likely option 2 or option 3

delboy