Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Springs tray bizhub C3351

Hi guys,
    I found a problem today in a tray of the bizhub C3351.
    The guide that keeps the sheets against the tray is blocked (A3GN623100). The button to unlock it remained inside.
    The mechanism springs are blown but does not seem broken. From the part list I don't understand how much they are hooked.

Does anyone have a picture? Thank you!

Technician

Re: Springs tray bizhub C3351

I haven’t checked the part no you’ve listed, but do you mean this part?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

yes have found the same issue. Causes 11-02 jam. Only way at the moment to hide the problem is keep the tray full until we find a permanent fix.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Hello Friend,
    good news.

I was able to see in another bizhub C3351 printer. I hope you can understand from the picture.

I also found out that they changed this part. In fact, they have now added two screws to increase solidity.
    C3351_tray.jpg

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Springs tray bizhub C3351

Hey guys, I got a call for jamming on a c3351 last week, could never get it to jam for me on sight but I was getting inconsistent 11-02 jams in the history. Today, I get the call again and I'm told the machine jams more when the paper is almost out. I remove half the ream in the drawer and it will barely get a page through. Put the paper back in and it will run good. Figuring there was an issue with my tray lift, I put a bend into the smaller spring for the tray lift hoping to get more tension, same issue.

I found a parts update on the portal from back in 2017 where they added the vertical spring in the regulating plate on the tray to help with setting paper size. Then I found the bulletin where they updated the cover on the regulating plate to add the screw holes and subsequent screws to remedy the 11-02 jams.

Since I came across this post, I will upload these for whomever it may help in the future.Part Change '17.pdfOfficial Bulliten '18.pdf