Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    C368 Secure Print Error | Only on print server

    I'm hoping i could get some helpful info from the forum, emailing and calling KM seems to be a bit of a stretch if they can give me useful info or not.

    We've recently got a Bizhub C368 installed last week and everything works great with the exception of the Secure Print function. Keep in mind we have a few 368 model copiers around campus so they all work with the exception of this specific printer. The tech came by and imported the old config from the old 454 and everything was working fine except whenever someone sends a secure print job the copier job log states
    Authentication failure - deleted job
    (not those exact words but that's the message)

    We don't use any auth system on the copier or external linked to the copier with the exception of the print server that we use just for a main point of user's to install their respective printers. I've tried secure print direct via IP and it works perfect but whenever we try with the print server the auth error occur's every time with some random exceptions where it does work.

    What could cause this? Should i reset the settings on the copier and re enter the network, mail and fax settings manually or should i try to get a tech out to work with him and see what is causing the print server to make secure print stop working?

    User box printing works fine once the box is setup but they don't want to use that they just want secure print so they can access documents from whatever ID and PW is assigned to the job.

  2. #2
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    C368 Secure Print Error | Only on print server

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    4,526
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: C368 Secure Print Error | Only on print server

    Quote Originally Posted by paintballer4lfe View Post
    I'm hoping i could get some helpful info from the forum, emailing and calling KM seems to be a bit of a stretch if they can give me useful info or not.
    We've recently got a Bizhub C368 installed last week and everything works great with the exception of the Secure Print function. Keep in mind we have a few 368 model copiers around campus so they all work with the exception of this specific printer. The tech came by and imported the old config from the old 454 and everything was working fine except whenever someone sends a secure print job the copier job log states
    Authentication failure - deleted job (not those exact words but that's the message)
    We don't use any auth system on the copier or external linked to the copier with the exception of the print server that we use just for a main point of user's to install their respective printers. I've tried secure print direct via IP and it works perfect but whenever we try with the print server the auth error occur's every time with some random exceptions where it does work.
    What could cause this? Should i reset the settings on the copier and re enter the network, mail and fax settings manually or should i try to get a tech out to work with him and see what is causing the print server to make secure print stop working?
    User box printing works fine once the box is setup but they don't want to use that they just want secure print so they can access documents from whatever ID and PW is assigned to the job.
    well get the tech out...

    have him print the config pages from each.. and compare.


    then have him make the appropriate network changes for the trouble machine..

    if you aren't a trained tech.. DO NOT ATTEMPT this.. you could brick the machine more than it is.

  3. #3
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C368 Secure Print Error | Only on print server


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: C368 Secure Print Error | Only on print server

    Did IT update the print cue with new drivers?

    I have had weird issues resulting from doing this. I always tell IT to remove print cue then install a new one.

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    293
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: C368 Secure Print Error | Only on print server

    Ditto RRRohan..go into driver/properties/configure tab..try and pull the device settings. if you get a failure then it is a driver ot port issue. I would agree that simply updating the driver for KM equipment can result in a corrupt driver. It may print, but none of the addtional features will work. Simply transferring the settings from one machine to a new machine should not cause this issue (unless authentication was enabled on the old machine but since you are printing normally using direct IP I would rule this out.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: C368 Secure Print Error | Only on print server

    install the specific drivers c368

  6. #6
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    601
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: C368 Secure Print Error | Only on print server

    Secure print requires a password to be entered when the job is printed. The password is embedded in the print job and has to be entered on the device to release the job. There is no need for additional authentication on the device.

    You need to ensure the users are entering a password when printing.

    Having said that, you can get that message if a password is entered on the device to release a job that hasnít arrived yet.

    I had this in a school that had network speed issues and users were trying to release jobs that hadnít got to the device.

    I would start by checking your network is stable and then update the drivers etc.

  7. #7
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C368 Secure Print Error | Only on print server


    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    657
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: C368 Secure Print Error | Only on print server

    Quote Originally Posted by paintballer4lfe View Post
    I'm hoping i could get some helpful info from the forum, emailing and calling KM seems to be a bit of a stretch if they can give me useful info or not.

    We've recently got a Bizhub C368 installed last week and everything works great with the exception of the Secure Print function. Keep in mind we have a few 368 model copiers around campus so they all work with the exception of this specific printer. The tech came by and imported the old config from the old 454 and everything was working fine except whenever someone sends a secure print job the copier job log states
    Authentication failure - deleted job
    (not those exact words but that's the message)

    We don't use any auth system on the copier or external linked to the copier with the exception of the print server that we use just for a main point of user's to install their respective printers. I've tried secure print direct via IP and it works perfect but whenever we try with the print server the auth error occur's every time with some random exceptions where it does work.

    What could cause this? Should i reset the settings on the copier and re enter the network, mail and fax settings manually or should i try to get a tech out to work with him and see what is causing the print server to make secure print stop working?

    User box printing works fine once the box is setup but they don't want to use that they just want secure print so they can access documents from whatever ID and PW is assigned to the job.
    From the workstation, go to the Advanced tab on the driver properties and check "print directly to the printer" instead of spool documents.
    This may not work but it's worth a try. I have used this when account codes weren't getting to the copier.

  8. #8
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    601
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: C368 Secure Print Error | Only on print server

    Quote Originally Posted by darry1322 View Post
    From the workstation, go to the Advanced tab on the driver properties and check "print directly to the printer" instead of spool documents.
    This may not work but it's worth a try. I have used this when account codes weren't getting to the copier.
    Personally I always set the spooler to print after last page is spooled.

    The pc does the work and then sends the job in one go instead of drip feeding the job to the printer.

    Seems to help with large print jobs or jobs with high colour content.

    I did this at a school with network speed/secure print problems and it did the trick there.

    Worth a try...

  9. #9
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C368 Secure Print Error | Only on print server


    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    657
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: C368 Secure Print Error | Only on print server

    Quote Originally Posted by tech51 View Post
    Personally I always set the spooler to print after last page is spooled.

    The pc does the work and then sends the job in one go instead of drip feeding the job to the printer.

    Seems to help with large print jobs or jobs with high colour content.

    I did this at a school with network speed/secure print problems and it did the trick there.

    Worth a try...
    That's preferred but I have had several cases with print server printing where account codes would get dropped if "print directly to printer" wasn't checked. OP is having trouble with Secure Print but it may be the same situation occurring.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •