Technician

Can this KM developer unit be used in Olivetti C280

Hello, as we know the Olivetti D-Colour MF280 has many names, like the KM Bizhub c280 etc.
    I know that the toner cartridge is slightly different but you can just swap the black top pieces on them and they work.
    However, how do the developer units differ?
    will the KM DV311K fit and work in an Olivetti MF280 or do I need the correct B0848, or can the DV311 be modified to fit like the toners can?
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Can this KM developer unit be used in Olivetti C280

Only drums are chipped.
    That is the only difference.

So developper units, belt, fuser even toners (with plastic pins cut) are same.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by JDR View Post
    Only drums are chipped.
    That is the only difference.

So developper units, belt, fuser even toners (with plastic pins cut) are same.

Excellant news because I can get the KM DV311k much cheaper for some reason.
    Many thanks

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Can this KM developer unit be used in Olivetti C280

NO! they do NOT fit. At least here in German/European markets. Ran into this myself. Have only one customer with an Olivetti, all the rest are KonicaMinolta so is my parts/supplies stock. I was surprised to find out that my developer units for the KonicaMinolta BH-C-220/280/360 which otherwise fits all machines of these series including the Develops, does not fit into the d-Color MF-220. There's a metal pin in the machine frame which has a different size and the developing unit will not slide in completely cause the corresponding oblong hole in the developing unit, beside the screwhole, is too small. Never tried however to enlarge the hole in the plastic frame.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    NO! they do NOT fit. At least here in German/European markets. Ran into this myself. Have only one customer with an Olivetti, all the rest are KonicaMinolta so is my parts/supplies stock. I was surprised to find out that my developer units for the KonicaMinolta BH-C-220/280/360 which otherwise fits all machines of these series including the Develops, does not fit into the d-Color MF-220. There's a metal pin in the machine frame which has a different size and the developing unit will not slide in completely cause the corresponding oblong hole in the developing unit, beside the screwhole, is too small. Never tried however to enlarge the hole in the plastic frame.

Hans
    Ah, To be honest I thought there would be an issue like this, I guess they do it on purpose to control the prices.
    However, has anyone modified the hole to make these fit?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by MrKis View Post
    Ah, To be honest I thought there would be an issue like this, I guess they do it on purpose to control the prices.
    However, has anyone modified the hole to make these fit?
    Guess I will be the first to try this then.
    It is also possible that the Olivetti developers are chipped too. In this case I will try to remove the chip from the old one and install it on the new KM developer.
    The machine is still wworking and there is seemingly no life limit stop.

Technician

And the answer is.....

Yes, they do fit, yes you do need to modify the hole in the plastic to suit (easy job with a drill).
    They do have a chip on them but this can be swapped and it didn't cause me any trouble, the chip that came on the new KM developer just worked.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by MrKis View Post
    And the answer is.....

Yes, they do fit, yes you do need to modify the hole in the plastic to suit (easy job with a drill).
    They do have a chip on them but this can be swapped and it didn't cause me any trouble, the chip that came on the new KM developer just worked.
    This is awesome info, thanks. I have various c220/c280 and MF220/MF280 in the field and this should help consolidate all the random bits of stock I have laying about for these machines.