Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

C6708 on a Bizhub 600

ok here is the problem.. I am getting this error, but I think its a byproduct of what is really happening..

Please, somebody, have you seen this before?

Upon initializing, the scanner moves to the limit sensor, then back, then to the first position on the white strip, then the second position then home.. now that is what I found is how it works on a good machine.. this machine does the same thing.... except slower..

what I mean is, on a good machine the scanner stops at the first position under the white strip for a half a second then moves to the second position and stops for a half a second. then moves home. IT DOES THIS EVEN WHEN THE LAMP IS DICONNECTED, OR ANYTHING IS DISCONNECTED. On a good machine the scanner still goes through the same motions even when it gets this error and everything is disconnected.

Now the bad machine.. it does the same manouvers, but it stops at the first and second postion under the white strip for about 15 seconds!! So this error comes from a time out.. its like the stepper motor is not getting a signal to move quick enough.

and its not going slow because it cant detect the white strip because the good machines still move at the correct pace even when the lamp is disconnecte and/or the platen glass is removed.

HELP!!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C6708 on a Bizhub 600

Did you check the CCD board and the lamp on another machine? Sounds to me the starting step.

the starting step? what is that?

replaced all boards, lamp, CCD. everything.. reloaded firmware, reprogrammed CF cards.

and now, the machine that I borrowed the boards from is doing it after I returned the boards to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was the DCPS2 that was bad.. It was then shorting out the image board. that is why when I replaced the board it still didnt work.

Re: C6708 on a Bizhub 600

Hi,

What is the DCPS2 ??? I'm having the same problem -> 6708.

Please help.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    C6708 on a Bizhub 600

Lightbulb Re: C6708 on a Bizhub 600

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Got it, power supply. Thanks.

Technician

anytime the unit goes slow to home position. it has detected a fault in its lead edge or white balance detect. the machine goes slow so that if there is an obstruction in the path of home, it does not kill the mirrors or carriage