Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Firmware question

Hello

I have a customer that has a Bizhub c454 that needs a firmware update. I only have firmware for the c454e. Does anyone know if it the same?

Thank you in advance

Re: Firmware question

Quote Originally Posted by Valintine View Post
    Hello

I have a customer that has a Bizhub c454 that needs a firmware update. I only have firmware for the c454e. Does anyone know if it the same?

Thank you in advance

NOPE

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Firmware question

Hello

Thank you in advance
    Not the same.

Why does it need a firmware update? do you have a specific issue?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

They are having issues setting up scan to email and think a firmware update will help. I an not positive that it will. I usually work on the Toshiba line and have been able to set up scan to email on the c454e but am not having luck with this one. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Firmware question

They are having issues setting up scan to email and think a firmware update will help. I an not positive that it will. I usually work on the Toshiba line and have been able to set up scan to email on the c454e but am not having luck with this one. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    This is a known issue with the non “e” models.

There is “version up” firmware available this resolves most scanning issues.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

That's a pretty blanketing statement...Since the poster does not really say what the scan to email issue is, firmware may not correct it..One of the things the newer firmware verisons added was support for TLS 1.2 and SHA-256 which is required for most "cloud' scanning. I don't think the non e series was included in this update..however there was a procedure to convert a non e to an e series. There is a laundry list of steps to do this which eventually adds f/w GB2-K5. This add the necessary protocols. If you are not a trained KM tech I would think about discussing an upgrade with the customer, or getting a trained tech to do this for you. If you can post the details of your scan to email failure we might be able to narrow what your next steps would be.

Firmware question

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    That's a pretty blanketing statement...Since the poster does not really say what the scan to email issue is, firmware may not correct it..One of the things the newer firmware verisons added was support for TLS 1.2 and SHA-256 which is required for most "cloud' scanning. I don't think the non e series was included in this update..however there was a procedure to convert a non e to an e series. There is a laundry list of steps to do this which eventually adds f/w GB2-K5. This add the necessary protocols. If you are not a trained KM tech I would think about discussing an upgrade with the customer, or getting a trained tech to do this for you. If you can post the details of your scan to email failure we might be able to narrow what your next steps would be.
    The fact he says his C454e will scan to email OK but not his C454 I would says this is an SSL issue not supported on the non ‘e’ model so I would say updating the firmware is worth a try wouldn't you!?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Firmware question

I update the (base) f/w on every model I sell, whether I think it needs it or not. There are a myriad of reasons you DON'T want to have to do it in the field, because the customer found the bug you could have fixed if you simply had upgraded it in the shop!
    OC

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    The fact he says his C454e will scan to email OK but not his C454 I would says this is an SSL issue not supported on the non ‘e’ model so I would say updating the firmware is worth a try wouldn't you!?
    Sure, def possibility. but I don't know what firmware version the e model is at, and "my customer has upgraded to Office 365 and now my non e can't scan" was never stated so again, before I would go through the convoluted process of converting the non e to e then adding the SSL/SHA supported firmware, I would want to see what the failure is..What if it's a login error, or mis typed mail server address. And again, is a device upgrade a better solution in this case??

Firmware question

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    Sure, def possibility. but I don't know what firmware version the e model is at, and "my customer has upgraded to Office 365 and now my non e can't scan" was never stated so again, before I would go through the convoluted process of converting the non e to e then adding the SSL/SHA supported firmware, I would want to see what the failure is..What if it's a login error, or mis typed mail server address. And again, is a device upgrade a better solution in this case??
    OK I assumed you had done the basics first!

As you say could simply be a "
    mis typed mail server address" etc.