Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C-25/C-3110 Fusing Unit interchange?

Is anyone using the C-25 fusing units in the C-3110s successfully? The C-25s are less expensive, but I'm getting a message "Install Fusing Unit" after I've trimmed off the little protrusion that keeps it from going in all the way...
    Thanks in advance!
    OC

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: C-25/C-3110 Fusing Unit interchange?

Didn't try it yet, but am convinced that they basically are the same and will work.

But: the pinout of the connector is different and there's a loop added bridging from pin 1 to pin 7 (seen from the back with the 7 thin pins up) and also the other two+two pins for the thermistors have a different location. The loop can perhaps be simulated directly in the machine but the other 4 connections has to be reseated or otherwise the harness split and the wires re-soldered.

The little pins do not come out easily. A tab on top of it must be pushed down. Not for the light at heart but can be done. I used force for the one in the picture cause I was unsure where the tab is located. Now I know and the next time I will do it more elegant. Perhaps one could grind off carefully the whole top of the male connector to have better access to the tabs on the pins. The pin in the 2nd picture is shown in the position as it comes out. The tab is on the top of the pin.

I have lots of scrapped C-25's so will for sure use this method for my C3110's

Good Luck

C-3110 pin out fuser 20190625_125055.jpgC-3110 fuser connector.jpg

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

*EDIT*

Reassembling the pins in the connector I just found out that the tab holding the pin in its place is not as previously stated on top but at the UNDERSIDE of it making it even harder to reach for removal. The picture #2 in the previous post is showing a tangled pin as I just discovered now.

Best would be to grind off the plastic on top of the connector making it easy to lift the pins out. It is also a much cleaner procedure and the pins can later on be hold in place with compound or glue.

Will not show you a picture of my mangled connector now cause it looks like horror at a slaughter house. LOL

C-3110 fuser pin connector.jpg
    Here's a picture from an undamaged pin.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Oystercopy View Post
    Is anyone using the C-25 fusing units in the C-3110s successfully? The C-25s are less expensive, but I'm getting a message "Install Fusing Unit" after I've trimmed off the little protrusion that keeps it from going in all the way...
    Thanks in advance!
    OC
    Why dont't clear the counter?