Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Bizhub 350 fell over error C2557 and C5351

If the machine was making good copies before they moved it I wouldnt think you would need to change the DV Box or the drum. Just dump it and use a new bag of developer. Follow the normal reset procedures before doing it and run f8 after. I have had to change the atdc sensor settings before to make a 350 or DI 3510 work after C2557 errors. Best of luck.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The displays were well known for not working due to age. Only fix is to replace display panel complete.
    2557 is to do with dev unit and drum.
    Depending on quality of drum etc, you can do a trouble reset by pushing little black button on RH side of machine behind small panel which needs to be removed and then follow correct procedure when dot appears on the left hand side of control panel. But doing this is pointless if you cant use the screen.
    we can appreciate the sentiment of wanting to do a "good deed", etc but you are only delaying the inevitable. Best bet is to cut the losess and give them a newer second hand machine.

As previous tech mentioned after clearing counters and fitting new dev you will need to run F8. But again you need a working control panel.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Downunder View Post
    The displays were well known for not working due to age. Only fix is to replace display panel complete.
    2557 is to do with dev unit and drum.
    Depending on quality of drum etc, you can do a trouble reset by pushing little black button on RH side of machine behind small panel which needs to be removed and then follow correct procedure when dot appears on the left hand side of control panel. But doing this is pointless if you cant use the screen.
    we can appreciate the sentiment of wanting to do a "good deed", etc but you are only delaying the inevitable. Best bet is to cut the losess and give them a newer second hand machine.

As previous tech mentioned after clearing counters and fitting new dev you will need to run F8. But again you need a working control panel.
    Ok so are you saying the Control Panel Touch Screen or the entire control panel with board etc?

If its the control panel with the board does anyone have one in their bone yard?

Thanks Ray

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Bizhub 350 fell over  error C2557 and C5351

Quote Originally Posted by Raydicks View Post
    Ok so are you saying the Control Panel Touch Screen or the entire control panel with board etc?

If its the control panel with the board does anyone have one in their bone yard?

Thanks Ray
    Dont think i ever changed the entire board,if memory serves it was just the touch panel.
    I don't like the new copier I just bought. It says "put face down" but every time I do it, it blinds my eyes.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by DigiMan View Post
    Dont think i ever changed the entire board,if memory serves it was just the touch panel.
    ok thank you, I ordered that and I'll replace it and follow back up

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raydicks View Post
    ok thank you, I ordered that and I'll replace it and follow back up

If I recall the touch screen is not the easiest to replace, best to have a camera to take a few pictures to make sure you tuck the wires away ad seat it correctly. the whole panel just takes a minute and would be much easier.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Aftermarket replacement touch screens work great and only $50. Not hard to replace at all, maybe 15 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantechman View Post
    If I recall the touch screen is not the easiest to replace, best to have a camera to take a few pictures to make sure you tuck the wires away ad seat it correctly. the whole panel just takes a minute and would be much easier.