Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    AccurioPress 6085 C-2470

Re: AccurioPress 6085 C-2470

Check this image...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    AccurioPress 6085 C-2470

@tsbservice I remember checking them yesterday but maybe i missed it,i'l check again.Thnks so much!

@tulintron Yeah forgot to mention that that was my first guess as well and i checked everything without finding a fuse blown sadly..
    I don't like the new copier I just bought. It says "put face down" but every time I do it, it blinds my eyes.

AccurioPress 6085 C-2470

Connectors
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    AccurioPress 6085 C-2470

Quote Originally Posted by tulintron View Post
    Check this image...
    Damn,been so long i fiddled with fuses i didnt even know the book had a list of them.I did check a bunch of them but i definitely did not check all of those.Interestingly enough ICP1 connects to the ADU lock solenoid which in turn if you go to I/O check 29-06 it connects with that too which is the only check that returns abnormal when you close the process unit,but what does the adu has to do with the process unit?
    I don't like the new copier I just bought. It says "put face down" but every time I do it, it blinds my eyes.

AccurioPress 6085 C-2470

Quote Originally Posted by DigiMan View Post
    Damn,been so long i fiddled with fuses i didnt even know the book had a list of them.I did check a bunch of them but i definitely did not check all of those.Interestingly enough ICP1 connects to the ADU lock solenoid which in turn if you go to I/O check 29-06 it connects with that too which is the only check that returns abnormal when you close the process unit,but what does the adu has to do with the process unit?
    The connection between the Processing Unit and the ADU is that it does not open both at the same time.

Process unit open, solenoid does not open ADU.

ADU open, does not open Processing Unit.

The tests that you performed and gave positive, do not need the unit closed.. With lid open, unit open, you can test them. The motors are not in the unit.

I may be wrong, but everything indicates PRCB. I hope it's really an ICP.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    AccurioPress 6085 C-2470

Quote Originally Posted by tulintron View Post
    The connection between the Processing Unit and the ADU is that it does not open both at the same time.

Process unit open, solenoid does not open ADU.

ADU open, does not open Processing Unit.

The tests that you performed and gave positive, do not need the unit closed.. With lid open, unit open, you can test them. The motors are not in the unit.

I may be wrong, but everything indicates PRCB. I hope it's really an ICP.
    No argument here but when i did the tests i had a co-worker on the phone doing the same
    tests on a same machine.In his case Locking/unlocking the process unit gave the 29-06 and 29-07 aces and zeros.
    In my case locking/unlocking the process unit the 29-06 always stayed zero.Thats why im confused..
    Plus according to the manual supposedly if I/O 29-07 checks out the PRCB and DCPS/1 are fine which is my case.

Edit:Scrambling through the icp list none of them point out to a C-2470 if blown...im starting to lean more and more towards the wiring..
    In my rather small experience i only had one time a PRCB on a C-253 which one of the pins didnt output 3V for a fusing fan to work(no fuses blows no nothing) and it took me forever to find out.God i hope this is not my second time.
    Last edited by DigiMan; 07-05-2019 at 02:43 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    AccurioPress 6085 C-2470

Sooo after having some "interesting times" in the past few days got an update.
    Changed the PRCB,no result.
    Changed the wiring from the PRCB to the process unit,no result.
    Changed DCPS/1,you guessed it,no result.
    Problem resolved by changing the front wiring(CN1103).

Sooo should i feel stupid for not going for that first??I mean,the said wiring controls the EL's Fr/Rr Cleaning sensors of the coronas
    the Potential assy's and the Color registration sensors which all of them worked by enabling them manually through I/O so what gives?

Feel free to shame me a bit if you feel i need it.
    Big thnks to @blackcat4866 @tsbservice @tulintron for their input(which ironically i did not follow..sorry guys)

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

As soon as tech resolved problem, I don't care much of following advices, it's a bit of trial and error.
    You maybe just lose some time, but maybe gain some needed knowledge.
    What I do care about is following up, what you did. Thanks and keep the paper warm.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    AccurioPress 6085 C-2470

I can count on one hand how many times a harness has fixed something. No shame for you. Big points for PERSISTENCE. IMHO it's the only real skill we have as technicians. Just keep banging your head against the brick wall until the brick wall gives.

Do you have any theories about where the harness got pinched? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    AccurioPress 6085 C-2470

Well i do have a theory..i very dark theory actually...which tells that unpluging everything and re-plugin it might have worked
    but i dont want t think about that honestly.Assuming that wasn't the case i think a "fried pin(if that makes sense)" on the connector that plugs to the printer side when closing the process unit?i cant really be sure because even know i dont know how the detection actually works..
    If it was a moving part i would given it a second though on it getting pinched but nothing in that part is moving even when you take the damn thing out.