Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    AccurioPress 6085 C-2470

AccurioPress 6085 C-2470

Hey everyone,

Got myself in a pretty bad pickle today.Long story short co-worker went to clean the coronas(M/Y)
    and uppon closing the front door when finished(he didnt pull out the process unit)he got a persistent C-2470.
    Heres what i did today:
    Cleaned the hell out the machine(contacts in the back,springs etc).
    Checked with I/O and the front door open everything turns manually(Drums,devs etc).
    Checked 25-00 for front door sensor,checks out.
    Checked 43-00 for DCPS/1,checks out.
    Checked 29-07 for process unit detection mechanism/2,checks out.
    BUT! 29-06(process unit detection mechanism/1)doesnt work,it gives constant zero upon pulling out and putting in the process unit.
    Note:The code pops immediately after you close the main door,no warm ups no nothing.
    Service manual says to change the wirings but how could the wirings fault without even messing with them?Tried to measure the corresponding CNs in the printer board but the terminology on the connectors is beyond my skill so didnt do anything..
    I already ordered a new PRCB and wirings but i would like some opinions on the matter because if these both wont work im not gonna hear the end of it from the customer...

Thanks guys
    I don't like the new copier I just bought. It says "put face down" but every time I do it, it blinds my eyes.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    AccurioPress 6085 C-2470

Re: AccurioPress 6085 C-2470

If I were to make a guess, I'd say that there is a bent pin on the modular connector for the process drawer. I cannot find any sort of interlock system for the process drawer, so perhaps it checks the continuity through the modular connector.

Logically it might be looking for a loop on the drawer side, but it may use a specific component as simple as a photointerrupter to determine if that drawer is closed.

I have a colleague that spent a week with a bizhub 1200P that was giving intermittent fuser codes (6 or 8 times a day). His problem turned out to be a damaged pin in the fuser modular connector. The error cleared every time, and returned within the hour.

So the problem might be the harness in the back of the machine, or the drawer harness, or the PRCB. Your co-worker may have just been unlucky enough to rest his hand on the machine that day, nothing more than that.

Please let us know how it goes. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    AccurioPress 6085 C-2470

Thanks for the input BC,pretty sure it uses the connector for the feedback as i had today another co-worker on a 6085 and he got an output on the 29-06 just by locking unlocking the process unit..does that require also a signal from the PRCB to give the intended result?Not sure to be honest and quite frankly kinda tired to even think today considering the amount of s@#t i just heard from the owner..Alas il just try to stay positive and start changing parts..

P.S sorry for the rant
    I don't like the new copier I just bought. It says "put face down" but every time I do it, it blinds my eyes.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Man, can't help cuz I'm not seeing this machines at all, but wish you good luck!
    Everyone has one of that bad days, just stay positive and the sun will shine another day. Look.
    I hate when can't fix them right now, still winning almost every game. When you play games you are not supposed to win all of them, yet you manage to fix most problems. Regroup and come back stronger with more ideas and more knowledge, that helped me numerous times.
    BR, tsb
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

DigiMan, found that see if it helps, basically it's what BC recomended :

Error
    C-2470 during installation.

Root Cause
    Loose interim connector on the front of the process unit.

Workaround/Fix
    Verify interim connector (located on the front of the process unit) shown below is properly connected.

P.S.
    Also manual states if 29-06 checked NG but
    29-07 checked OK, you should check connectors and wiring, which in turn means, no boards are faulty.
    I
    f I bet my money probably will go for a bent pin.
    Last edited by tsbservice; 07-05-2019 at 10:22 AM. Reason: add info
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    AccurioPress 6085 C-2470

@tsbservice thank you for the kind words,always nice to hear these things from techs with way more experience than myself.
    It boggles the mind sometimes when you try your best to help someone and still get s#@t for it.
    In any case,i tried to find the bulletin you mentioned but could not find it,at least in infohub.
    Could you send the picture of the connector shown in the bulletin?

Thnks a ton again

I don't know where bulletin is in infohub, sadly mentioned picture can't be open/or view otherwise I will upload it for you.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    AccurioPress 6085 C-2470

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    I don't know where bulletin is in infohub, sadly mentioned picture can't be open/or view otherwise I will upload it for you.
    Darn,PrintScreen?

Quote Originally Posted by DigiMan View Post
    Darn,PrintScreen?
    Nah, won't open at all, that is all I can see, tried with 3 different browsers, but attachment just misses:

C2470 mentions two wirings:
    -A92WN147
    -A92WN123
    They can be found in parts list on page 62 and 131, see if you can find something similar in machine.
    It's CN1103

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    AccurioPress 6085 C-2470

Good Morning. I'll try to give a kick to help.

Check the ICP's of the PRCB.

Presenting the error as soon as the door closes, there is something wrong with the electronics.