Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: General Firmware question

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    This is how I always assumed it was organized. But due to the extreme lack of [pertinent] information from KM, I always install the latest base FW then the special (if needed). It is never stated (that I have seen) that the newer special firmware includes its predecessors' fixes--that being the newest special FW replaces the old special FW.

I fail to understand why KM simply doesn't combine the special FWs into the base FW. This is an extremely lazy practice and creates a convoluted and often confusing ordeal for techs.
    There is an explanation. Just search for Zeus - Minerva Product FW code explanation on the Knova database if you have access to it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    I defer to Synth on this one....

I was just attempting to entertain.
    You've got your points...I have some answers to think about, now that's fine.
    It is a part of best practises(Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned) I make for myself.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tech51 View Post
    There is an explanation. Just search for Zeus - Minerva Product FW code explanation on the Knova database if you have access to it.
    Hmmm, that is interesting. However, even if there is a good explanation, I doubt I will appreciate it very much.
    I no longer have access KM's highly confidential documents, firmware, etc
    Want to share your username and pass?