Thread: RU-513 / FS-534

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    RU-513 / FS-534

RU-513 / FS-534

Anyone else having the message to close the RU-513 Transport bed door? If you put slight pressure on door or put a ream of paper on top of door it's fine. Just got a call for 3rd one in a month. I had a bunch of RU-513's so just swapped them out. Now starting to wonder if this will become a problem.

I looked at the 2 I brought back to shop and they look fine. No adjustment for the interlock sensor and typical sensor tests good. Haven't replaced a sensor in years. It does seem like the design doesn't allow the door actuator to block sensor enough. Might look into modifying some way unless someone else has a fix?

Thanks in advance

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    RU-513 / FS-534

Re: RU-513 / FS-534

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Anyone else having the message to close the RU-513 Transport bed door? If you put slight pressure on door or put a ream of paper on top of door it's fine. Just got a call for 3rd one in a month. I had a bunch of RU-513's so just swapped them out. Now starting to wonder if this will become a problem.

I looked at the 2 I brought back to shop and they look fine. No adjustment for the interlock sensor and typical sensor tests good. Haven't replaced a sensor in years. It does seem like the design doesn't allow the door actuator to block sensor enough. Might look into modifying some way unless someone else has a fix?

Thanks in advance
    What model copier? 4 series or 8 series? The RU-513's for the 8 series have had issues.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

RU-513 / FS-534

These are all on "4" series. Forgot about "8" series using same RU-513.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Haven't seen the issue yet but if I do I'll just modify the actuator to make it longer with a piece of black mylar or something similar. I've fixed numerous issues like this over the last 31 years. In particular, the duplex sensors on a C250. Almost every one needed this modification because of wear over the years.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

RU-513 / FS-534

Ha-ha that's exactly what I did. I cut a piece of mylar and made the actuator a little longer and wider. If you look at actuator with RU-513 upside down it looks like it isn't even blocking photo sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    Haven't seen the issue yet but if I do I'll just modify the actuator to make it longer with a piece of black mylar or something similar. I've fixed numerous issues like this over the last 31 years. In particular, the duplex sensors on a C250. Almost every one needed this modification because of wear over the years.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

had this silly problem today. turns out the floor was uneven flexing the machine. moived it a bit a presto took care of it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Woxner View Post
    had this silly problem today. turns out the floor was uneven flexing the machine. moived it a bit a presto took care of it.
    Modification posted in another thread.
    Definetly install the washers if problemartic RU are within serial number range. Document 11384.pdf

Ru-513

RU-513 / FS-534

Quote Originally Posted by REGSIS View Post
    Modification posted in another thread.
    Definetly install the washers if problemartic RU are within serial number range. Document 11384.pdf

Ru-513
    Thanks anyway but this has nothing to do with issue I posted.