Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    akersrus

Question SMB errors with a C352

Hi Folks,
    I am new to the forum and have been looking for information on this Multi-function copier we have in our office. Right now most of the people are scanning to a shared folder on a PC on the network. And that works OK with one exception. It is a shared PC with several different users and Scans keep accidentally disappearing. I remember setting this thing up, originally we tried sending the scans to the server so they could be backed up. and we could not get around the Log on error. So I have created a user in the address book, set thew destination folder to scans in an unused computer, and am getting the same messages. If not a Log on error, then a Forward TX Error. I have tried everything from IP Addresses, Computer names, browsed the network from the control panel of the copier (it is all there) and I would have never thought just pointing these things to a different workstation would be such a problem. From what I have read this is not an uncommon issue.

Does anyone have the magic bullet I have not thought of?
    Please?
    Thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    SMB errors with a C352

Did u make exceptions in firewall for scans? ?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    If its a log on error your getting then i would say that your not entering a correct username and password with access to log on to the PC your scanning to. Also check folder permisions.

Hope this helps

akersrus
    Yes, I have allowed for exceptions in the firewall, I have set this workstation exactly like the other one that is recieving scans. Still getting the TX error though

akersrus

joneze

My biggest problem is the TX Forward errors. Thanks though

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akersrus View Post
    My biggest problem is the TX Forward errors. Thanks though

Forward TX errors. Does this machine have a fax module on it? are you trying to forward faxes to this folder or is that the error you get when just trying to scan to it.

akersrus
    That is the error we get when trying to scan to it, we do not use it as a Fax. no modem installed

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akersrus View Post
    That is the error we get when trying to scan to it, we do not use it as a Fax. no modem installed

Hmmm. Not sure what else to sugest. What i would do is start from scratch make a new folder on the PC to scan to creat new one touch button. Also make sure that on your one touch button setting the directory is spelt exactly as the folder is case sensitive.

Sorry cant be of any more help

akersrus
    thank you for your help

System Engineer 100+ Posts
    Forward tx errors are due to a firewall blocking. Make sure you have no internet firewall programs besides windows firewall. If you are concern with firewall issues make sure to allow an exception to the following ports: 137,138,139 which are related to SMB. When you do make your exception make sure to just choose the ip address of the copier. One way to test is to: Go to Scan ( choose direct scan - press SMB --> choose reference --> locate your pc --> select your folder --> connect and it should prompt you for a username and password. If you did create an exception and have no other firewall running you should be good to go.