Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: minolta di-2010

ernimax

minolta di-2010

I'm new to this forum and could use some help with a minolta di2010f. Machine has only 140k copies and ran fine with oem toner up until last week. client did not want to spend large $s for toner and requested the compatible ($50 less). I've used compatibles before in other minolta's with no ill effects. I don't know if it is the toner, but there are no other messages - the top 1/3 of the copies have excess toner speckled lightly on white area. I tried running copies to clear but nothing works. Any ideas before I tell customer to go back to oem toner?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    minolta di-2010

Katun compatible toner does not normaly cause problems but it does sound like toner is the problem. When was the last time the developer/image unit was changed?

ernimax

di-2010

Don't know if image unit has been replaced - customer purchased this machine used in Feb this year and we took over service in Jun.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Most of these machines can run the drum and developer to 200,000 so must techs reset the drum message at 100,000. The toner might not like the used drum. I would change the drum and developer and if that does not work then try to change the toner back to OEM.

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Most of these machines can run the drum and developer to 200,000 so must techs reset the drum message at 100,000. The toner might not like the used drum. I would change the drum and developer and if that does not work then try to change the toner back to OEM.
    Times 2. We have recently switched to Katun toner for some models and I've seen similar issues with "old" consumables. The OEM toner seems to be more forgiving of the consumables that are past recommended life span. I've not seen it isolated to part of the copies though. It usually is total coverage from what I've seen.

ernimax

di-2010

Thank you all for the input - will try process of elimination as you suggested. Consumables for this machine are not affordably priced and customer is always reminding me of his bottom line

pedro gutierrez

manual tecnico di-470 y bizhub 420

por favor si alguien tiene el manual tecnico de estos
    2 modelos
    Gracias
    lima-peru

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by ernimax View Post
    I'm new to this forum and could use some help with a minolta di2010f. Machine has only 140k copies and ran fine with oem toner up until last week. client did not want to spend large for toner and requested the compatible ($50 less). I've used compatibles before in other minolta's with no ill effects. I don't know if it is the toner, but there are no other messages - the top 1/3 of the copies have excess toner speckled lightly on white area. I tried running copies to clear but nothing works. Any ideas before I tell customer to go back to oem toner?
    Download service manual Di 2010f : Konica Minolta Manuals - FREE!

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ernimax View Post
    Thank you all for the input - will try process of elimination as you suggested. Consumables for this machine are not affordably priced and customer is always reminding me of his bottom line
    I have customers who have the same concerns. I tell them the same thing every time. "If you really want to save money and use the non OEM toner that is fine, but be aware you may have issues with quality. Is the possibility of PCQ and expensive repairs down the road worth saving a few bucks now?" If you give them the prices of the consumables vs price of toner, most will choose the expensive toner.