Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    installed MT 501A but EP4000/EP5000 still says Please add toner.

I agree that it seems that you have not got the genuine minolta toner, the v lugs are the give away they are designed to ensure the bottles fit only the correct machine. The toner spills in the hopper will not be a problem, there is a locking lever (light grey) that stops the bottle turning if the hopper is moved to take out the bottle., check that its spring is in position). There is a ratchet system in the white drive unit that fits into the toner bottle it should allow the bottle to be turned by hand witout the motor being damaged...but! I do have a parts manual that may be of use..it is too big to attach here though. The motor you have found is the correct one. If you would like the manual give me PM

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    if you have a motor fail you mast receive some error codes just like c0070/71,did you check the developer level

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by tonerspot View Post
    if you have a motor fail you mast receive some error codes just like c0070/71,did you check the developer level

Well since i haven't received ANY error codes, are saying what i hope you're saying: that the motor is still probably good?
    How do i check the developer level?
    Also, is there some sort of technician service manual for this copier to learn more about these technical things? I have the original user manual but that just shows the basics of the copier for non-technician people.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by minimerlin View Post
    I agree that it seems that you have not got the genuine minolta toner, the v lugs are the give away they are designed to ensure the bottles fit only the correct machine. The toner spills in the hopper will not be a problem, there is a locking lever (light grey) that stops the bottle turning if the hopper is moved to take out the bottle., check that its spring is in position). There is a ratchet system in the white drive unit that fits into the toner bottle it should allow the bottle to be turned by hand witout the motor being damaged...but! I do have a parts manual that may be of use..it is too big to attach here though. The motor you have found is the correct one. If you would like the manual give me PM
    So do you think that the generic toner that we got on ebay which doesn't have the v lugs will necessarily NOT work in this copier? Or could it work in the copier but it's just not gauranteed?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    installed MT 501A but EP4000/EP5000 still says Please add toner.

As long as the contents are the correct toner and the bottle fits it should work but as I have never used toner from your supplier I cannot guarantee that it will. If you need the tech and parts manuals send me a P.M as I have them.
    Last edited by minimerlin; 11-26-2008 at 10:21 PM. Reason: speeling mistakkes!